Need suggestions for a good multimedia phone within 12k

mobile_user

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 10-12k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor (flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any brand

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen, QWERTY

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 3.2 or 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: anything

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: multimedia and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: LG Optimus one, Nokia E5, Motorola Charm, Samsung galaxy 3, 5, Samsung wave 553, Blackberry curve 8520

As you can see, I am confused with so many options. Just to summarize, my preferences are good screen as I would like to see movies and play games. Should have excellent sound quality (headphones) and 3G enabled for smooth internet experience.

I found Samsung Wave 2 S8530 as the perfect one for my needs but its cost is Rs 16,799 so its out of my scope :(

Please give me your suggestions so that I can make a good choice.

I would say Samsung Galaxy Fit. The reason I didn't say LG Optimus One is because it is just 250k or so and Fit has a 16M color screen :D

And only go for android IMO

If going for Android for around 12k, my strong advice will be to go with LG O1.

Offers much more than its price: 512 RAM (in android RAM does make a difference), excellent build quality and assured upgrade to Gingerbread.

Sorry cannot comment on others, completely lost touch of other OSs since almost an year now :p

LG Optimus One P500 Price In India: Buy LG Optimus One P500: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

User usable memory in both phones is around 150-170 MB.

But Galaxy Fit has a 16M color screen compared to LG's 256k color. HUGE difference!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

jainanshal said:
If going for Android for around 12k, my strong advice will be to go with LG O1.

Offers much more than its price: 512 RAM (in android RAM does make a difference), excellent build quality and assured upgrade to Gingerbread.

Sorry cannot comment on others, completely lost touch of other OSs since almost an year now :p
I would recommend a Samsung Galaxy Fit :D

Since you are looking for QWERTY as well as Touchscreen, in This range i will suggest you Samsung Galaxy 551

* Slide out physical QWERTY keyboard

* 3.2 inch capacitive touchscreen

* Android 2.2

* 667 MHz processor

* Social networking integration

* Wi-Fi

* Stereo FM radio with RDS

Price is Rs.11,000

rite said:
I would say Samsung Galaxy Fit. The reason I didn't say LG Optimus One is because it is just 250k or so and Fit has a 16M color screen :D

And only go for android IMO
No no not the fit

If you want the keypad, the Galaxy 551 is the one to buy. I've used it for 2 days(last two days). For the price, I'm pretty amazed...

Vow, I just checked Samsung Fit and it looks like a better phone than LG Optimus One. By the way, the resolution of Samsung fit is 240x320 so does it make the screen quality inferior as compared to LG Optimus one.

Those phones are not better than LG O1 except for looks & the cam. Lower RAM (less than half the RAM of O1) & no v2.3 update any soon. LG O1 getting v2.3 in May, so chose wisely. LG O1 have many MODs available for it & is also a proven. Also the resolution will restrict you to less number of APPs from the market as it's a weired resolution, O1 supports ALMOST all the apps.

LG O1 P500 much better than the Samung Fit.

rite said:
LG Optimus One P500 Price In India: Buy LG Optimus One P500: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

User usable memory in both phones is around 150-170 MB.
But Galaxy Fit has a 16M color screen compared to LG's 256k color. HUGE difference
I would recommend a Samsung Galaxy Fit :D
Thats internal memory and not RAM :| Why does it matter when both the phones run Froyo and you can install apps in the microSD card.
The LG has 512MB RAM and HVGA screen. The Samsung has 278MB RAM and QVGA screen. A 3.2" screen with QVGA resolution sucks big time no matter whether it support 16M or 160M colors.

Alright guys, that means I should buy LG Optimus One. I am going on buy this on coming sunday. Please suggest if it is a good deal and if there is any other option that you can give me (may be by increasing the budget 1k). Actually, once I bought any phone I wont get any other for another 3 years so I want to get the best in my price range. Waiting for your suggestions.

I personally feel Optimus One or any android device in that range, even of the range of 20k are not good enough for 3 years. I bought LG Optimus One dumping Galaxy Ace (for low ram & lack of faith on Sammy's sub 15k devices, out of first-hand experience) & Moto Defy (for lower version of android & not worth 18k, 15k wud have been fine) & that also for a year cuz I intend to buy more powerful device. I would say it would be fine for 1.5 years but afterwards you'll be hungry for newer devices which will be extremely enticing; if you can resist it then you may be able to do away with the set for 3 years but I doubt that.

12-13k Optimus One is the best buy, no competition. But for a device meant for 3years, you should go for 1GHz models, Sammy Galaxy SL (LCD) for 19k is one. With this you can easily spend 2years+ cuz you will get updates next 1 year for sure. But then you have to arrange 5-6k more for that.

Wave II is a not an Android device, it's runs BadaOS. The device is good but I would personally stick to Android for the numbers of Apps available & future development. For 2k more you are getting a better device overall.

mobile_user said:
Vow, I just checked Samsung Fit and it looks like a better phone than LG Optimus One. By the way, the resolution of Samsung fit is 240x320 so does it make the screen quality inferior as compared to LG Optimus one.
less ram, i think half

pathetic screen, not worth looking really... how is this better than O1?

I have not seen any of the two phones yet. I go by the specifications available on gsmarena.com. I don't know why but the looks of LG Optimus one P500 are not cool. I believe I should drop this idea and buy PS2 for me and after 2-3 months, I will buy a decent phone of around 20k.

Buy PS2????? Are you kidding?? PS2 games are like pre-historic thingie.... anyway, this is the mobile thread so won't take this to any further. LG Optimus One is a GREAT phone (except the Cam).... anybody saying otherwise don't know much about it or is a over-loyal to some other brand. Make your choice wisely.

Back