Monitors Need suggestions for a 27 inch monitor

tejo

Disciple
Jun 18, 2006
My 22" viewsonic went kaput sometime back, I think the back light went kaput. Have been using my 17" compaq crt since then, but I think its time for an upgrade.

I checked out 24" led's but they didn't seem that much bigger than my 22" 16:10 viewsonic, they only seemed to be a bit wider.

So have decided to go in for a 27 incher, but cannot decide between the following.

Acer S273HL - Its a TN panel with LED back lighting, I liked it. but this review discourages anyone from buying it :huh: Got a quote of 19k for this from prime.

Benq M2700HD Again a TN panel, has ccfl back lighting, so is thicker. Has speakers and lots of connectors which i do not need. Got a quote of 23k for this. I dont know if I should trust ccfl backlit lcd's since my viewsonic went kaput 1 day after the 3 year warranty got over.

BenQ EW2730V Its has a VA panel with LED back lighting, I liked this too, but it is no where to be seen :huh:

My primarily use will be for watching movies and browsing the internet, I feel 1920x1080 should be adequate for that. I can spend upto 25k. Which one should I go for?

Sep 24, 2007
For web browsing, I would not recommend a 27 incher, You need to pan your head, or leave a lot of blank space or Use small area of th emonitor..

I would recommend considering a 32inch FHD tv...

That would suit better..

Reactions: 1 person

tejo

Disciple
Jun 18, 2006
thirumalkumaran said:
For web browsing, I would not recommend a 27 incher, You need to pan your head, or leave a lot of blank space or Use small area of th emonitor..

I would recommend considering a 32inch FHD tv...

That would suit better..
A tv would be too big and would occupy a lot more space as well, not to mention the price.

taher

Adept
Mar 4, 2008
hyderabad
a 24" will be cheaper and will also be good for hd movies by the way what are ur room dimensions and how farther do u plan to sit and watch?

tejo

Disciple
Jun 18, 2006
I feel 24 will be too small, I didnt see much of a size difference between my 22" and a 24". My room is 14x11x10, i'll be sitting arnd 7-9ft away from the monitor, only while watching movies. While surfing/working I intend to sit in front of the monitor.

I want this to be a one time investment for at least the next 3-4 years, that's another reason I dont want a 24". Are 32" hdtv's any good for surfing/normal pc work?

tejo

Disciple
Jun 18, 2006
Gannu said:
Yes although they may not be a match to a 24 incher/27 incher LCD monitor. If games and HD movies are the priority, get a full-HD HDTV. Will set you back by 28~32k.
I connected my laptop to a friends sony 32" full hd 3d led today, movies and games were amazing. But surfing the internet/chatting/browsing through folders and stuff seemed weird. Since the acer has reverse ghosting issues, I think I'll wait for the Benq EW2730V to hit the market and get that.

tejo

Disciple
Jun 18, 2006
Gannu said:
Some of the forum members use a 32inch LCD as the primary display. Udit, Shripad, thexfactor, Sharekhan are some of them I know of - maybe you can ask them how worse does the display fare when it comes to internet browsing, document editing and so forth.
I went through xfactor's http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/finally-a-full-hd-monitor-p-172241.html thread and have to say, 'otherneo' really sounded like one arrogant fool.

I've decided to save up for a 32" samsung series 5/6 led tv but if the benq gets released before I am able to save up for the tv, then will get the benq itself.

I thought of the dell 27" too, but since its said to have ghosting issues while gaming I've opted it out(my bro will be playing games, forgot to mention that).

devvfata1ity

Adept
Aug 3, 2009
NEW 'LOL' BOMBAY
u will be wasting ur moolah if u buy any of those monitors...heck u wud be better off buying a cheapo 26" LCT TV...if u want quality for watching movies & games go for either a Dell ultrasharp 27' or a apple 27" cinema display.... the ultrasharp will cost a bit less than the apple & at the same time offer u a more wider range of connectivity