Budget 0-20k Need suggestion for building PC for office use.

Tom Sawyerer

Recruit
Hello guys need suggestions of pure office system. Will be assembling 5 towers.
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor
    • TVSe USB Keyboard
    • Optical USB Mouse
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor
    • TVSe USB keyboard
    • Optical USB Mouse
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i3 - preferably 6th gen
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard. (if using i3 5th gen, will this http://www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5168#ov work?)
    • Hard Disk - 250GB HDD (do we get lesser HDD for more cheaper price? Just need space to install the OS)
    • RAM - 4GB
    • LAN - Preferred 10/100/1000 "on-board-LAN"
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Office work
    • Accessing files via local network from server
    • Usage of MS Office and Tally
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Any brand will do
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No games. No multimedia contents. Only browsing.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Desktop - HD Ready. No gaming.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64bit

Last edited:
There is no i3 5th gen - it will be 4th gen which is haswell. 5th gen is broadwell and the only two broadwell CPUs currently available cost more than your entire budget. The board you linked to is for 4th gen CPUs. For an office system get that board and maybe a pentium g3220 instead of an i3. For running MS Office and Tally, there would be zero difference. Also get a basic Sandisk/Kingston/Samsung 120GB SSD. That will go a long way in making your experience better. Applications will load faster. This is the config I'd suggest

Pentium G3220 - 3.5k
Gigabyte/Asus/MSI H81 board - 4k
8GB Corsair value ram - 3k
120GB Sandisk SSD - 3.5k
Add any basic Coolermaster Case + PSU to this - 3k
Total: 17k

Thank you for the configuration. I think I'll finalise with this.

BTW, the G3220 supports only 1333.. But motherboard supports both 1333 and 1600.. So I can still buy 1600 RAM right?

Budget - 19k

Processor - Intel Pentium G3220 - 3,800

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 - 3,600

Memory - Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1600MHz - 2,300

Power Supply - Antec BP350P - 1,900

Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 311 - 2,600

Internal Storage - Samsung 850 Evo 120GB SSD - 4,500.

Total - 18,700.

Last edited:
Thank you guys. Purchased 5 towers with this configuration. Ended up with crosair 120gb SSD though.

The users says the usage seems buttery smooth. Also the OS takes less than 5 seconds to boot to desktop. Thank you so much for shifting me from i3 to dual core with SSD combo. Best configuration.

shifting me from i3 to dual core with SSD combo. Best configuration.
lol you mean from i3 to Pentium (which btw sounds silly because people usually upgrade and not downgrade :p), the i3 is also a dualcore but you saved a considerable amount of money buying the Pentium. Btw i also bought the same processor the G3220 for my niece a few weeks ago. Enjoy.

lol you mean from i3 to Pentium (which btw sounds silly because people usually upgrade and not downgrade :p), the i3 is also a dualcore but you saved a considerable amount of money buying the Pentium. Btw i also bought the same processor the G3220 for my niece a few weeks ago. Enjoy.

Haha yeah. But saved like 15k totally by going for G3220. I just can't believe how an 2013 processor is still relevant :p

I just can't believe how an 2013 processor is still relevant

Thanks to near zero competition to Intel and difficulties in fabricating at lower levels like 14nm/10nm, performance gains are not big between two successive generations. I have read web where people did not 'feel' like upgrading even from Sandybridge who are into OC.

Budget - 19k

Processor - Intel Pentium G3220 - 3,800

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 - 3,600

Memory - Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1600MHz - 2,300

Power Supply - Antec BP350P - 1,900

Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 311 - 2,600

Internal Storage - Samsung 850 Evo 120GB SSD - 4,500.

Total - 18,700.

Going for the exact assembly. However, instead of SSD, I'm going for 1TB HDD as my nephew would need more space. Also, can someone suggest a more easily available cabinet and PS unit? The dealer here, in Bhopal, is giving me a CM cabinet+500wPS unit combo for 5400 which I think is little expensive.

How about Antec?
He has trouble sourcing Antec right now since lots of shops are shut due to Diwali. He had CM in stock, but it's stretching my budget. Other thing he has plenty in stock is Zebronics. :p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you also suggest a decent LED monitor around 5K that I can order in later this month? Right now, I've got a Samsung Syncmaster monitor that'll do the duty until I collect funds for a LED monitor.

Last edited:
He has trouble sourcing Antec right now since lots of shops are shut due to Diwali. He had CM in stock, but it's stretching my budget. Other thing he has plenty in stock is Zebronics. :p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you also suggest a decent LED monitor around 5K that I can order in later this month? Right now, I've got a Samsung Syncmaster monitor that'll do the duty until I collect funds for a LED monitor.

For cabinet you can be okay with a CM one. But for PSU, I insist to get something better. For monitors you may get AOC 18.5" near 5k.

Back