Need Router + Modem for Mtnl Broadband 1500sq.ft House

zktel

Disciple
WIFI.JPG
Hi,
As the thread states I am looking for modem + router for my MTNL Broadband.

Currently using MTNL provided modem cum router which gives range only in hall, so planning to return and buy own router and modem.

No range in 2 bed rooms.

So looking for either separate modem and router or combo.

Area to be covered is 1500sq.ft

Connection is at One corner of house in Hall.
Need strong range at diagonal opposite corner.

Budget - Cheaper the better.

Thanks for viewing the thread.

Last edited:
Rather suggest you to go for a separate modem and router.

Get a TP LINK 8816/8817, or dlink 2520u,digisol dg_bg1000(personally have found this to be the best for MTNL an d other Indian networks).

As for router, TP LINK wr841n will be cheapest option.. More the budget, more will be the improvement in features.

Incase u just want to buy router and modem combined, u can try tp link 8968 V2 (version 2 is important).

Can anyone throw some light on
D-Link DSL-2750U USB Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router.

TP Link 8868 V2 is awesome specs wise but I have heard Heating and frequent disconnection issues.

Can anyone throw some light on
D-Link DSL-2750U USB Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router.

TP Link 8868 V2 is awesome specs wise but I have heard Heating and frequent disconnection issues.
Don't go for dlink, and no I use tp link, it doesn't have any issues.

Also I suggest modem and router separate for optimum performance.

Last edited:
Even I am planning to go for D-Link DSL-2750U. It has got some good reviews, why are you against this any particular drawbacks?

Even I am planning to go for D-Link DSL-2750U. It has got some good reviews, why are you against this any particular drawbacks?
OLD model, bad interface, installation needs disk, 1 year warranty, bad ass, refurbished device as replacement, and range is lesser than 8968.

Is TP link reliable in term of build quality? I got some bad review regarding the build quality of TPlink devices from friends.

How reliable TP Link TD- W8980 is as compared to TD-W8968 interms of connectivity and range.

Is it worth going for gigabyte port n additional antenna.

TP LINk 8868 .. with 2*5DBi WIFI antennas and u get remote access to external hard disks
+WIFI priting and all.
U can access external hard disk from another room :)

Range will be awesome as u get 2*5Dbi antennas :)

edit:its TP-Link 8968..... not 8868

Last edited:
Back