Need professional help?

Ck Nish

Skilled
For something that was once a mere pastime (and to many, still is), gaming has come a long way in India.

Perhaps testimony to this, is the number of ‘gaming training schools’ starting to mushroom all over Delhi. Youngsters are willing to pay good money to hone their skill sets with specific games. Gaming parlours charge extra to provide paying members the guidance they require to make themselves count in competitions.

Game training schools in India

So, anyone here with any skills?:bleh: You could make a quick buck if you had any.

KingKrool said:
Anyone who goes to these places or appreciates why one would want to go to them is a nutcase.
No more than people who go for Tennis coaching or Salsa classes or whatever without having any professional inclination towards said activity whatsoever.

While I wouldn't go to such a place, I can still see how it's no different than the million other money-sinks people get attracted to. Only they don't have the disadvantage of being as stererotyped as the gamer demographic.
It's the same damn thing and I can understand why people would want to pay to get better at CS or DotA so they can fare better at their local LAN centre.

I can understand why people might find this absurd considering how easy gaming is to get into. Of course, playing well is another matter entirely and in such cases professional help is warranted.

So, as long as these parlours aren't being treated as places where you "learn to play" but rather as places where you "learn to play good", I'm cool with them. The only downside I can think to this is the so called "professionals" who in most cases might be no one more than the parlour's janitor.

cyberjunkie said:
What next? progaymer sk1llz enhancement drugs?

There actually are a few, which are supposed to lower ur reaction time etc

A German company has created a drug supposedly customized for gamers to use on those days when Bawls or Red Bull just doesn't cut it. Called FpsBrain, the product supposedly improves your reaction time, heightens your perception, and accelerates your neural processes, theoretically upping your gaming skills in the process.

German Company Pushes Custom Gaming Drug | Game | Life from Wired.com

The Escapist : News : Pro Gaming Drug Cheats: Who Cares?

But seriously if you wanna be a prof game, its the same money and if ur good its serious money, so why not? (I mean who doesnt wanna win millions of dollors :) ), the best way is slogging out 12hrs a day on ur pc :S

cool. if i get fired, i've got a backup. anyone wants quake or street fighter lessons? i accept paypal, bank transfer or beer. i'll even come over to your own listen server like home tuition.

Infected said:
^^This is crazy,
just pop a nice pill from Santa Clause and you will game like no other. Every game is VR then....

not for everybody. i couldn't play at all when i was stoned.

pretty wierd business... i thot gaming is for fun n not a profession....

incase its a profession, it depends upon Interest and Addiction

Back