Audio Need opinions on Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth stereo headset

raksrules

Elite
I am looking for some personal opinions on the sony MW600 bluetooth stereo headset. Have few queries about the same.

1. How is the audio quality using the stock earphones ? For streaming as well as FM radio ?
2. Is it compatible with iPhone 4S (or any iPhone ?) and can i use only with default iPhone Music app or i can also use with third party apps like AV Player / Buzz Player etc ?
3. Does this have "inbuilt" FM radio in it ? So when i am not streaming music, i can at least use the FM from device itself ?
4. What is the best price at which this is available ?
5. Are S/M/L tips available inside the package ?

1. Great sound quality with nice features. I am using mw600 from last 3 yrs. Stock earphones lasts for 2.5 yrs then i bought es18 to use with bluetooth controller.
2. Dont know whether it is compatible with iphone. I hv used it with sony u100i, android phones, android tablets and nokia 5800, e71. Contact name display worked only on Sony u100i, otherwise you will see only number of the calling person on bluetooth's display.
3. yes it has "inbuilt" FM radio. You can listen to radio without connecting to any mobile.
4. dnt know current price.
5. Yes, S/M/L tips are available.

You can try mine on ur iPhone, if u want to. I live in Thane.

I'm using them right now. Was listening to music. It's a pretty great device. Can't tell you if it works with iPhone, though. Has fm. Has extra buds.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360841097382.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360841097382.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 232
Works great but I don't use the stock buds.

The clip broke in a year or so, and that is a known issue for lots of people. I use it for cycling, so just tuck it under the sleeve of my cycling jersey. Works well with my Galaxy S2. Dunno about iPhones.

- - - Updated - - -

Sound quality for calls is very very good, in spite of wind noise etc.

Did some reading and it seems to work with iPhone 4S fine and even the next track and previous track things are working. Still will confirm more.
But one dumb query here since i have never used BT much. If i am watching videos on AVPlayer app on iPhone then will the sound get routed fine to the BT headset ? This is very important to me as i am more into watching videos on iPhone than listening music.

Couple of more queries..

Say I am listening to radio using the built in functionality, will the device still stay connected to the phone over Bluetooth so that whenever a call comes I can at least receive the call ?

Also can you save presets for radio stations in the device ?

I can confirm it's working fine with my new iPod touch 5g 64gb.

Can you confirm about the radio presets ? I suspect there is none, not a deal breaker but good to have.
Also are the supplied earphones sturdy and you think they will last for good amount of time. I would like them to last because of their shorter cable else if i have to use my own earphones, i will need to sort of shorten them by using cello tape or something, too messy.
And yes please also confirm me about receiving call when i am listening to radio, will the unit still be connected to iphone etc and i can receive call as it comes ??

^He has the iPod Touch not the iPhone. He may not be able to confirm the last part.

I guess he can try with some other phone. I just want to see that say i am listening radio on the device, will the device still stay connected to any phone and i will receive a call as well (thus turning off the radio for some time) ?
Also about the presets of radio.
Btw are you still using yours or you using something else ?

I guess he can try with some other phone. I just want to see that say i am listening radio on the device, will the device still stay connected to any phone and i will receive a call as well (thus turning off the radio for some time) ?

I am using a regular pair of Brainwavz IEMs now. Gave mine to a friend in need.

Yes. You can take calls whilst listening to the radio. The call gets taken, radio gets paused, I can confirm that. Also, presets can't be saved. But it's damn easy to switch channels.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360993169.709236.jpg

Ok so it seems to be a good buy for me and fits my requirements.
One last query, the bluetooth receiver will work fine even with 3rd party video apps as well right ? I mean if i am using my iPhone and using AVPlayer or some 3rd party player to watch videos, the sound will get routed to the bluetooth right ?
Sorry if this is dumb query.

Now comes the main query, where do i buy this the cheapest ? Not sure if warranty is a concerns so no warranty is also a good option for me.

Ok so it seems to be a good buy for me and fits my requirements.
One last query, the bluetooth receiver will work fine even with 3rd party video apps as well right ? I mean if i am using my iPhone and using AVPlayer or some 3rd party player to watch videos, the sound will get routed to the bluetooth right ?
Sorry if this is dumb query.

Now comes the main query, where do i buy this the cheapest ? Not sure if warranty is a concerns so no warranty is also a good option for me.

Yes that will work with anything on your device outputting audio.

Cheapest ebay. No warranty. If you seek warranty i think the official price is 4.5k.

I got mine from ebay for 2.3k, after a discount coupon.

It seems the price of this is actually now 3000 Rs with 1 Year sony warranty. The ebay listings are mentioning about the 1 year manufacturer warranty. In fact flipkart is selling at higher price of 3500 Rs and even one of the reviews says it is actually 3000 anywhere else with warranty. There is a sony world at walkable distance from my home here so i will go there and see if they have any demo piece, hope they have one.

OT: Flipkart seems overpriced about everything, stupid website :|

@ OP, I've got two Mw600s in my house. I saty in Thane. If you are in Mumbai, come here, take one , use it for couple of days and return it.
simple

Like I had said, it's a great product but the clip tends to break. Have you considered the Nokia which has a large full sized clipping mechanism? If I need another, that is what I would buy.

Like I had said, it's a great product but the clip tends to break. Have you considered the Nokia which has a large full sized clipping mechanism? If I need another, that is what I would buy.

You talking about Nokia BH221 bluetooth ?
It is almost similar to MW600 but slight bigger and boxy in size. Almost has same features and additionally has NFC which is useless for me.
But its price is around 3900 (900 more than sony) on ebay and similar websites.

- - - Updated - - -

@ OP, I've got two Mw600s in my house. I saty in Thane. If you are in Mumbai, come here, take one , use it for couple of days and return it.
simple

Thanks for the offer but that might not really be easy as i don't travel to Mumbai that often now and also i do not take the Thane route as well.

Back