Need input on xperia Pro

zhopudey

Skilled
My friend wants to jump onto the android bandwagon. His budget is under 15k. He is not interested in motorola, so the defy is out. How good is the xperia pro? It is priced the same as the neo V, and my friend likes the keyboard. How good is the built quality? Any alternatives in the price range?

If the internal storage is not an issue then get the Xperia U ~ 15.5k.
If has 2GB storage for apps and 4GB for use storage (pics, videos etc...) It lacks a microSD card slot.

4gb will just not cut it :( We went to croma and checked out a few phones. Didn't like the screens on the xperia pro and arc S. Low contrast, poor viewing angles, and the glossy finish shows too many reflections. The One V's screen is much better in comparision. I think he'll settle for the htc after all.

@zhopudey
Yes, the HTC One V has one of the best LCD screens in that budget. If screen is the top priority then its a good buy.
Though the processor is under-powered compared to the Xperia U.

Last edited by a moderator:
@zhopudey
Sony Xperia sola review: Light 'em up - GSMArena.com
Its much better compared to the HTC One V . Check the benchmark scores. It comfortably beats the One V is all the benchmarks despite being disadvantaged by GB on times. So results should improve for a few tests when ICS upgrade is released.

Though the processor U8500 is among the lower rungs of the dual core market. But still any day better than any single core processor.

The processor entirely depends on the people's usage. Some might say even the best processor in the market is not sufficient for their usage while some other users need might be satisfied by even a moderate SoC. So depends on what your friend intends to do with the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back