Guyz i need ur Help.
I am using Q6600 Kentsfield @ 2.4Ghz.
4 GB DDR3 XMS3 1600Mhz.
MSI 5770 Hawk 1GB.
Antec 900 1st Gen. (old)
Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR mobo
CM Extreme Power Duo 600 W.
Win 7 64 bit

i wanna Overclock My pc to a Minimum 3.2 Ghz, I am using Stock cooler.
while typing this temps of cores r attached to the post.

Living in Amritsar Punjab , Climate goes to 50 degrees in Summers. :(
PLZ suggest which cooler and Thermal [attachment=7902:14105.attach]Paste should i use ?
Should i use a fan cooler or a water cooler. ???

The software i got along the MOBO is easy tune 6 , i have used it to OC my CPU a few times, temps go upto 50 to 68 degree while rendering Videos on 3ds MAX.

PLZ PLZ help me . :huh:

Thanking u all :)

Attachments

• TEMPS.jpg
    TEMPS.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 86
Don't OC from windows, OC from BIOS instead. Regarding TIM you can use Artic Silver 5. And water cooling is necessary if you want to achieve high OC, for regular OC you can so ahead on air cooler but the stock cooler won't be that effective, better get a good CPU cooler

1st thing dont OC q6600 on Stock cooler . Take Cooler Master Hyper 212+ and Arctic Cooling MX2 thermal paste .

Hyper 212+ = 1850/- and MX2= 350/-.

And CA50 is right Dont oc from Windows,OC from BIOS .

Hmmm.
i have a budget of around 3 K.
what will be the best combi ?

how does it matter if i OC it frm the Win ?
i have no idea about the Voltages 2. :S

i wanna OC it to 3.8 Ghz Atleast... :'(

Hmm, i am still reading it .

Is My power supply ok for OCing ?

I got a budget of around 5 K, which will be the best combination of Thermal Compound and Heatsink ?

plz let me know some one ..

i asked this Cause i heard from many that this PSU of mine is not Good.

I got a budget of around 5 K, which will be the best combination of Thermal Compound and Heatsink ???

putting too much money on an old proccy isnt a productive way of spending :)

Get the Scythe Yasya. it beats TRUE and most other toppers at a very affordable price, and comes with a very good TIM bundled. With this one you will also get a extremely famous Slip Stream 1900 bundled which has a max airflow of 110cfm and a manual fan controller too is there. This one has support for all current sockets in market, and is easy to install when you upgrade and dont have to look for retention kits for the newer socket. This is extremely vfm as the bundles like the fan (~600/-), TIM(~350/-), fan controller (~400/-), retention for all known sockets( ~500/-) are all there with the standard package which alone are worth about 1.8k :)

Also Sunbeamtech Tuniq Tower is another good option, which too has a extremely good TIM bundled (TX3). A 90 cfm fan is bundled.

dOm1naTOr said:
putting too much money on an old proccy isnt a productive way of spending :)

Get the Scythe Yasya. it beats TRUE and most other toppers at a very affordable price, and comes with a very good TIM bundled. With this one you will also get a extremely famous Slip Stream 1900 bundled which has a max airflow of 110cfm and a manual fan controller too is there. This one has support for all current sockets in market, and is easy to install when you upgrade and dont have to look for retention kits for the newer socket. This is extremely vfm as the bundles like the fan (~600/-), TIM(~350/-), fan controller (~400/-), retention for all known sockets( ~500/-) are all there with the standard package which alone are worth about 1.8k :)

Also Sunbeamtech Tuniq Tower is another good option, which too has a extremely good TIM bundled (TX3). A 90 cfm fan is bundled.
Dom1nator , Thanks fr the Reply, bt the thing is that i want to OC my sys to 3.8 , dats y i asked

1) if My PSU is Gud ?

2) Which is the best heat sink in 5 k with Thermal paste ?

just check out these reviews

Scythe Yasya SCYS-1000 CPU Cooler - Test System & Testing Results :: TweakTown USA Edition

and

Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler Review - Results - Legit Reviews

Only Noctua U12P Se 2 fans and D14 are ahead of it. Both of them have 2 fans bundled, and U12P Se has serious quality issue with the backplate construction, and there are cases it melted and the plastic became sticky and caused real mess. So the Yasys is very much capable even with one stock fan. Adding another fan to yasya can topple the D14. Just incase you think u need higher performance, just add a similar performing fan like the Silverstone FM121 110 cfm or another Slip Stream 1900 110 cfm to the back of the cooler. Also Venomous -X is a close call, but expensive and comes without any fa, and investing in two fans can go 5k+, and still yasys with 2 fans can beat it easily.

dOm1naTOr said:
just check out these reviews

Scythe Yasya SCYS-1000 CPU Cooler - Test System & Testing Results :: TweakTown USA Edition

and

Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler Review - Results - Legit Reviews

Only Noctua U12P Se 2 fans and D14 are ahead of it. Both of them have 2 fans bundled, and U12P Se has serious quality issue with the backplate construction, and there are cases it melted and the plastic became sticky and caused real mess. So the Yasys is very much capable even with one stock fan. Adding another fan to yasya can topple the D14. Just incase you think u need higher performance, just add a similar performing fan like the Silverstone FM121 110 cfm or another Slip Stream 1900 110 cfm to the back of the cooler. Also Venomous -X is a close call, but expensive and comes without any fa, and investing in two fans can go 5k+, and still yasys with 2 fans can beat it easily.
hmm Thanks Dominator

Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler is now up in my list. (where can i buy it from online )

What are your Views about Noctua NH D14 ???

Is My PSU and MOBOB oK for Ocing ?

PLEASE also tell me about the Thermal Paste ..

waiting for your Suggestion .

D14 is good, but really huge and can cause trouble with memory with heatsinks, and can even cause problem with the chipset sinks. Also it expensive at close to 5k. If you doest mind noise, then get the yasys with an additional Scythe kaze Ultra 3000 fan from prime itself. Its rated at 133 cfm and with a kaze for pushing and SS 1900 110cfm for pulling, it sure can beat a D14 marginally. A good TIM seems to be bundled with Yasya, but if you need better one, get any of these>

Arctic Cooling MX-3, Tuniq TX-3, Chill Factor II. All these are around 500 bucks, but it cant bring much change compared to the bundled one with the yasya, maybe 0.5~1.5c max.

Just click on the bold letters on my first post for product purchase page. You can also look for the same in these sites

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!TheITwares Ecommerce

www.mediahome.in

Lynx Chandigarh - Largest Audio , Electronic And Computer Online Superstore In India

Also grab the mugen II from scyth if available anywhere. Same specs as the yasya, and performance too is almost similar, but the yasya is bit smaller and compact and easier to install.

Thanks a Tonn Dom1nator..

Before this Post i had already ordered MX-4 , ? is it OK ?

Then as for the Heatsink Scythe Yasya is the one , :)

the MX 4 should reach me within 4 to 5 days ..

I am still to order the Heatsink..

Thanks again Reping u :D

After the Purchase i would be needing your Help Regarding The Overclocking part

Please tell me if My PSU is of For Overclocking... ????

Regards

Sylar

Your PSU is ok in wattage, but its a highly unreliable PSU. somewhere in TE, i just read a case of exploding PSU, the very same CM Extreme Power one. Why take chances, as if it breaks down, the damages would be massive in worst case (can take HDD, GPU and many others with it). Get a Seasonic 430 or 500 before starting your OCing.

and btw, MX-4 is really good. Lot better than the MX-2 and other. You might see diff of about 1.5~2c compared to the bundled TIM. How much and from where did u order it?

Also do let us know which additional fan you are settling for. Make sure its atleast 90 cfm, else it ll reduce the performance than even the stock fan, as its a 110 cfm and adding a lower cfm like 60 cfm one will just hinder the airflow than helping it.

btw, for repping, click on the black star on the bottom left of the post. :) The other one is just "liking'

dOm1naTOr said:
Your PSU is ok in wattage, but its a highly unreliable PSU. somewhere in TE, i just read a case of exploding PSU, the very same CM Extreme Power one. Why take chances, as if it breaks down, the damages would be massive in worst case (can take HDD, GPU and many others with it). Get a Seasonic 430 or 500 before starting your OCing.

and btw, MX-4 is really good. Lot better than the MX-2 and other. You might see diff of about 1.5~2c compared to the bundled TIM. How much and from where did u order it?

Also do let us know which additional fan you are settling for. Make sure its atleast 90 cfm, else it ll reduce the performance than even the stock fan, as its a 110 cfm and adding a lower cfm like 60 cfm one will just hinder the airflow than helping it.

btw, for repping, click on the black star on the bottom left of the post. :) The other one is just "liking'

I know where the black star is :p

Repped u already.

i got it from Ebay.com international.

cost me around 900 the MX-4.

kindly recommend me a good fan and which is cheap and fit easyly fit to.

on these heat sinks are there places to attach the fans , or i will have to Screw it in the Fins only..

How much will a 600 W PSU cost me ? (good one)

The sites you gave dont have the cooler.... :S

For fans> get any of these

http://mediahome.in/index.php?page=...ategory_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80

Buy SilverStone | SilverStone Fan in India

Buy Scythe | Scythe ULTRA KAZE 120 x 38 mm Case Fan

both are 110 cfm ones, and the kaze ultra is 133 cfm (noisy). I would go with the FM 121(free fan controller) or the SS1900. Use cable ties to attach the extra fan. Its really simple. Our resident dealer Phoenix was selling Scythe products and had the fan clips for Mugen II/ Yasys, but he doesnt seem to come online these days. The kaze ultra is built like a tank and has industrial grade built, has real high airflow as well as offer double static pressure than the other two. If you can live with the noise, noithin better than that.

airflow

kaze ultra@ 133cfm (650/- bucks)>Delta AFB1212HHE @ 120 cfm (450/-) > FM121 ~110cfm(650/-) > SS1900 @110cfm(475/-)

static pressure

Kaze Ultra > Delta Fm1212HHE > Fm121 > SS 1900

noise

SS1900< Fm212 < Delta AFB1212HHE < kaze Ultra

Its upto you to decide :)

And about the PSU, you dont need 600W, if its a pure rated PSu can can deliver whats rated.

get this one SeaSonic SS-500-ES 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Power Supply - 3525/-

http://www.techenclave.com/theitwares/seasonic-power-supplies-full-range-166027.html

Or at max a VX550 for 4.6k But the former one more than enough for your config.

dOm1naTOr said:
For fans> get any of these

http://mediahome.in/index.php?page=...ategory_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80

Buy SilverStone | SilverStone Fan in India

Buy Scythe | Scythe ULTRA KAZE 120 x 38 mm Case Fan

both are 110 cfm ones, and the kaze ultra is 133 cfm (noisy). I would go with the FM 121(free fan controller) or the SS1900. Use cable ties to attach the extra fan. Its really simple. Our resident dealer Phoenix was selling Scythe products and had the fan clips for Mugen II/ Yasys, but he doesnt seem to come online these days. The kaze ultra is built like a tank and has industrial grade built, has real high airflow as well as offer double static pressure than the other two. If you can live with the noise, noithin better than that.

airflow

kaze ultra@ 133cfm (650/- bucks)>Delta AFB1212HHE @ 120 cfm (450/-) > FM121 ~110cfm(650/-) > SS1900 @110cfm(475/-)

static pressure

Kaze Ultra > Delta Fm1212HHE > Fm121 > SS 1900

noise

SS1900< Fm212 < Delta AFB1212HHE < kaze Ultra

Its upto you to decide :)

And about the PSU, you dont need 600W, if its a pure rated PSu can can deliver whats rated.

get this one SeaSonic SS-500-ES 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Power Supply - 3525/-

http://www.techenclave.com/theitwares/seasonic-power-supplies-full-range-166027.html

Or at max a VX550 for 4.6k But the former one more than enough for your config.
which of these fans can be manually Controled ?

Yar i used 2 PSU Calculators, They say i need 555 W PSU .. :S

i might Buy a i7 after Ocing my Q6600.. :p

Still lookin for the the person who has SCYTHE YASYA ?

i mailed the person u gave me link of ...

hope he replies Soon.

Back