PC Peripherals Need help in reviving my APC BackUPS RS 1100VA

buBleZ

Skilled
Ok this is getting too much frustrating. I have APC 1100VA-CI UPS which I have replaced like 5 times within a year and still it is failing after a month. I lost patience in filing another RMA request and I am not hopeful that the next UPS will last long. The batteries in these go dead very soon and every time the UPS was replaced coz the battery lost its backup capacity.

I am thinking of buying some good third party quality batteries in the market and replace the APC battery for use with my PC. My config is in my siggy. I guess in normal operation my PC consumes around 400-500W and in load maybe 700W. I want a backup of atleast 1hour. So please suggest me a battery appropriately that can be used with this UPS.

Check the earthing in your house. My friend used to have the same trouble. His APC batteries failed as well and that house had a lotta earthing problem. Now hes in another place and he has no problem ever since.

I am not getting any shocks from the internals of the PC when I touch it while they are on. Typically means good earthing right?

higher capacity batteries need to be kept well ventilated and always on. are you sure you kept your ups to charge always? also i think no comp will draw more than 350w on full load.

Mine(1000VA) was replaced like 11 times in warranty period...after the warranty got over the 11 th replacement too got nuked...so i replaced the battery with new EXIDE batteries and voila its working perfectly for 4 months with no problem.

The replacement units have batteries that are 3-4 years old and APC does not care to change these batteries(cost cutting ?)

Save yourself the trouble just buy new exide battery from the market and change it yourself...otherwise no matter how many times they replace your unit nothing is gonna change.

^^ Thanks for the inputs. Doing the same.

6pack said:
higher capacity batteries need to be kept well ventilated and always on. are you sure you kept your ups to charge always? also i think no comp will draw more than 350w on full load.

Mine takes ~650-750W during gaming..

Checked the earthing with both test lamp and multimeter. Proper earthing... As the previous poster said the APC batteries are of very low quality

Back