Need help ! CPU+MOBO+GPU<20k for gaming

Mr.XYZ

Disciple
Questions

1. Q: What is your budget?

1. 25K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

1. CPU - Amd Athlon 64 3000+

2. Motherboard - Asus M2N8 - VMX

3. GPU - Nvidia 7300gt

4. RAM - Transcend 1GB

5. Monitor - SyncMaster 798MB+

6. SMPS - 350watts

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

1. Monitor - SyncMaster 798MB+

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

1. CPU - AMD phenom II X2 555 BE

2. Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

3. GPU - Nvidia 9800gt

4. RAM - 2gb DDR3

5. PSU - one that is able to handle the system

6. Cabinet

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

1. Yes will upgrade but not anytime soon

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

1. Mumbai

2. Open to online purchase

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

1. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

1. Gaming

2. Browsing

3. Download rig, 24x7 operation

5. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

1. No

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

1. All types of games on high settings

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1024x768

2. Desktop - 1024X768

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

1. Yes

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

1. Windows 7 32/64 bit

Please Note. I have already asked DarkAngel and that has helped me a lot but still i wanted some advice :).

Also if i buy a full hd monitor then will i be able to play games on atleast medium settings and without lag on the GPU that you suggest ?

One more thing try to suggest a DDR5 GPU because somewhere i read that DDR5>>>DDR3.

Thanks

phenom II x2 555 + gigabyte 785gmt-us2h @ 9500

2gb ddr3 @ 2500

cabinet + psu = cooler master elite 335 + 1 blue led fan @ 2200 + fsp saga 400w @ 1800 = @4000

leaves u with 4k for graphics ! i suggest u to get a used 4850 from the TE market ! :)

hey i'm planning to get a full hd 24" monitor and would also be getting gtx 460. but i wanted to know whether phenom II x2 555 will be a bottleneck for this card

Mr.XYZ said:
hey i'm planning to get a full hd 24" monitor and would also be getting gtx 460. but i wanted to know whether phenom II x2 555 will be a bottleneck for this card

In that case you're going to need a more powerful psu...something like a corsair vx550.
And yes, your cpu will be a bottle neck...unless you manage to unlock it...but you should still get playable frame rates. If you don't want to take a chance with unlocking, then get a phenom II x3, or a phenom II x4...if it fits in your budget.
Also, you should get atleast 4GB of RAM.
Your current gpu should be able to play most games at medium settings at HD resolutions....don't upgrade it till you get your monitor. See how it runs, and if you're not satisfied then pick up something more powerful.

approx prices - source http://www.deltapage.com/
cpu: phenom II x3 - 3875 x4 925 - 6625 athlon II x4 630- 4925

Get a m/b which supports crossfire/sli...something like the Asus M4A87TD-EVO - Rs 6450.

And get a corsair vx450 - ~ 3600, or preferably a vx550 ~ 4800...or something else that'll be able to handle your gtx 460. With a budget of 25k, it should easily be possible, and there's no reason for you to go for a dual core, when you can get a quad for about a thousand more.

iamddevil said:
Your current gpu should be able to play most games at medium settings at HD resolutions....don't upgrade it till you get your monitor. See how it runs, and if you're not satisfied then pick up something more powerful.

Hey i am terribly sorry about the typo. My current GPU is 7300gt

Mr.XYZ said:
it wont bottleneck dude !

plus if it unlocks , it wont bottleneck a gtx 480 !!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

HfiGuy said:
hi

I too need a CPU + mobo combo < 20-25k price.

What are the best configurations ?
whats your purpose ?

do u wanna overclock ?

best bet would be i7 950 !!

yup im pretty sure :)

the mobo i suggested is ddr3 but nt usb 3.0 !

for usb 3.0 get msi 880 gma ! its 1k costlier and has usb 3.0 + sb 850 !

but i dont know how it will handle unlocks !

the 785gmt-us2h is very good for unlocking x2 555 !

i have the same mobo with x4 B55 @ 3.6ghz (stock cooler)!! :) :)

Mr.XYZ said:
gtx 460 is cheaper and better at tesselation :)
Bru do you know its street price + don't fall for all this computer jargon like better tessellation, the impact is like a 5 or 10 % increment couple it with the Fermi architectures flaw and exorbitant TDP value anyone would recommend a ATi based card these days,

this is because a lot of people have bought them and found them pretty capable unlike Nvidia which has a history of sometimes screwing up the mid range and entry level segments

Back