Need an Android phone 9-10k

Hi, sorry but I don't want to create a new thread for same requirements. I'm also looking for a Android phone within same price range, after reading all the above posts I want to ask that why you guys are recommending Optimus One over Galaxy 3 or 5?? What's better in that??

Don't misunderstand me, I don't have any idea about any of those, just saw that everyone is recommending optimus one, whereas in gsmarena I see Galaxy 3 has much better specs, like one of it I remember is it has Wifi n while optimus has g, and I don't like the looks of Optimus.

my friend said he can bring Orange San Francisco but can we unlock it here? Are there any problems after unlocking?
pls suggest or any good phone to use for maps and light browsing i.e websites..

krishnandu said:
Hi, sorry but I don't want to create a new thread for same requirements. I'm also looking for a Android phone within same price range, after reading all the above posts I want to ask that why you guys are recommending Optimus One over Galaxy 3 or 5?? What's better in that??

Don't misunderstand me, I don't have any idea about any of those, just saw that everyone is recommending optimus one, whereas in gsmarena I see Galaxy 3 has much better specs, like one of it I remember is it has Wifi n while optimus has g, and I don't like the looks of Optimus.

i would like to know abt it as i am also gonna buy a android phone in near future

anyway LG O1 has wifi

krishnandu said:

Optimus One has a very important advantage over Galaxy 3 and that is the standard 480x320 resolution against a lower resolution of Galaxy 3. This is considered more important than wifi N by most people as far as a smartphone is concerned.
cri_sss said:
my friend said he can bring Orange San Francisco but can we unlock it here? Are there any problems after unlocking?
pls suggest or any good phone to use for maps and light browsing i.e websites..
It can be easily unlocked for free, you get codes online. There are a bunch of people here using it (including me) and it's awesome. It's the best android one can get ~10k at the moment.

LG optimus one is everything i need.....except Wifi "n".

the thing is i would be coupling this handset with a tablet soon, and would like to have smooth 3G flowing from my phone to tablet.

i believe most tablets would be "n" compatible, so shoudnt i go for a phone with wifi"n" too!

(btw my need is:

low budget phone which MUST have, android 2.2, 3G, and wifi a/b/g/n

not very sure what is wifi tethering)

plz help!

khaleelda1 said:
LG optimus one is everything i need.....except Wifi "n".
the thing is i would be coupling this handset with a tablet soon, and would like to have smooth 3G flowing from my phone to tablet.

i believe most tablets would be "n" compatible, so shoudnt i go for a phone with wifi"n" too!

(btw my need is:
low budget phone which MUST have, android 2.2, 3G, and wifi a/b/g/n
not very sure what is wifi tethering)

plz help!
Wifi n gives speeds upto 300 mbps and wifi g upto 54 mbps. For 3G usage, you'll never cross 7.2 mbps which is the limit of the phone's 3g speed itself. You can safely go ahead with a phone with wifi g, as wifi n won't give you any advantage as far as sharing 3g internet is concerned. Wifi n as of now in India is only relevant for home networks for transferring high speed data or streaming HD content within network.

Wifi tethering means, sharing your phone's internet with other wifi capable devices. Your phone acts as a wifi hotspot, using 3g internet and sharing it within it's range with other wifi devices.

Back