Budget 21-30k Need Advice for PC Upgrades

sunny_123

Recruit
Hello Everyone, This is my first post here in Tech Enclave, and i need your suggestions/advice in upgrading my PC.

Budget for my upgrade:

· 10-30k (Max)
The current specification is: (Bought in July, 2010)
· Chipset - Intel Core i3-350 LGA 1156 2.93 GHz
· Motherboard - Intel DH55PJ Classic
· Graphic Card - ATI Radeon Biostar 5670 1GB DDR5
· RAM - Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333 MHz
· PSU - Cooler Master Extreme Power 600W
· HDD - 500GB Seagate Barracuda
· Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 310
· Monitor - 20 inch Samsung TFT LCD
Reason for my upgrade:
1. I always have an error while playing games where the black screen comes and the pc restarts, i saw the problem in event manager listed as " 42 Kernal Power Failure". I tried to find solutions but have failed, gone to repair shops in Nehru Place, Delhi but still got nothing
2. My motherboard, ram & psu have been replaced once, and their warranties have also expired, so i am looking for new stuff to add.
3. I do gaming and download stuff so my pc stays up mostly 24 hours; i am looking for some upgrades so that i can play games in high/medium settings
What Hardware i will keep:
· HDD - 500GB Seagate Barracuda
· Cabinet -Cooler Master Elite 310
· Monitor - 20 inch Samsung TFT LCD
Which hardware components i am looking to buy:
·
Chipset (Best you can suggest)
· Motherboard (Best you can suggest)
· Graphic Card (Nvidia or ATI, 1/2 GB?)
· RAM (would 8 GB be enough?)
· PSU (is 600 watts sufficient or should i increase)
· HDD (500 GB)
·Cooling System
·Should i keep the Chipset & Motherboard?
Is this going to be your final configuration
· Yes, At least for 5 years
Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
· Local Purchase - (Nehru Place, Janakpuri)
· Online Purchase
Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
· No
What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
· Gaming
· Browsing
· Download rig, 24x7 operation
· Watching HD movies
Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
· None
What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
· 1600x900
Are you looking to overclock
· No
Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
· Windows 7 64 (bit)

Please give your suggestions/advice, thank you in advance for your replies.

Last edited:
If your motherboard is not at fault, you can score a quad core i5 chip for dirt cheap : http://www.primeabgb.com/intel-core-i5-750-2-8-ghz-cpu-processor.html

Try rebuilding your setup with the bare minimum components to diagnose which component is causing issues, i.e. remove the graphics card and use onboard graphics, use a single stick of RAM, etc. You can change the PSU for starters, since the CM EP 600W is notoriously unreliable. Pick something from the list : http://www.techenclave.com/community/buyers-guide/best-power-supply-units/

If your motherboard is not at fault, you can score a quad core i5 chip for dirt cheap : http://www.primeabgb.com/intel-core-i5-750-2-8-ghz-cpu-processor.html

Try rebuilding your setup with the bare minimum components to diagnose which component is causing issues, i.e. remove the graphics card and use onboard graphics, use a single stick of RAM, etc. You can change the PSU for starters, since the CM EP 600W is notoriously unreliable. Pick something from the list : http://www.techenclave.com/community/buyers-guide/best-power-supply-units/

Thank you, Eddy for your reply
I tried removing each component (like first the graphic card, used on board graphics, did used single stick of RAM but now it wont even boot now) really don't know whats the issue (I have started the pc after a month due to exams it was working well before but now it doesn't even boot)

It doesn't power on or it doesn't boot into windows?

If its not powering on, you can try resetting your BIOS after you remove components. Or it could very well be a PSU issue and since everyone will recommend changing the PSU anyway, you can try getting a new PSU and seeing if that fixes things first.

Back