Need a new racing game. (NFS MW2 too hard)

Hi guys,
The last game I finished was Most wanted (2006). I kicked ass at it and even won cpl of gaming symposiums in college.
Now I have bought a new gaming rig and I thought I would play NFS MW2 (2012). But it's awfully hard to drive using key board. There is no option to reduce the sensitivity for steering using -> <- keyboard buttons.
I'm looking for some other fun racing game. It should be fun to play.
I have some games in mind and I want to know which is the best

Grid2
Dirt3
ColinMcrae
NFS HotPursuit2
Test Drive Unlimited2
Or anything else...

try NFS Hot Pursuit 2010. It was decent. (NSF Run was fun too)
Or try Dirt Series. GRID2 is coming next year.

And yeah, racing games are better with a controller. And I found xbox controllers the best.

^^It's what you get used to. I have a controller and I still can't manage the sharp turns in Grid/Dirt2 at high speeds.

On topic, if you enjoy story driven racing games then I am afraid they don't make many of those nowadays. For track racing, get Grid, Dirt2/3, NFS Shift/Shift 2. For open world racing destruction derby style, get Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box, NFS Most Wanted 2012, NFS Hot Pursuit 2010.

I wouldnt go anywhere near GRID or dirt series. If you found the new MW hard, the dirt series will only drive you insane. I would recommend older NFS titles like NFS:HP 2010 and Burnout : paradise.

Give NFS: The Run a shot. I played it with a KB on my gaming rig (I'm not a controller person at all) and enjoyed it thoroughly.

If NFS MW 2012 is too hard for you then DiRT is going to be unplayable.

Play Burnout Paradise. One of the easier driving games around.

Here's a hint, use the brake or lift off, and turn into the apex instead of steering past it. Plan the turn in advance. And the AI is usually terribly slow through the turns so you won't get taken (though a late-breaking AI can actually ram you pretty hard).

You can also trigger the game physics ridiculous 'drift' mode by braking when past the apex, and turning in. One technique is to avoid 'target fixation', and look past the car instead of at it. Which would mean about the top of your screen, so you know what's coming well before it arrives. Including the traffic, which I must say is the biggest driving challenge in the game.

I beat the game on a laptop - the first time it took a bit of getting used to, the second time was ridiculously easy. I don't use a controller or a wheel, just the keyboard on the laptop.

Tell you what, try NFS Shift 2, beat the game career mode on hardest difficulty settings, and then come back to this game, you'll wrap it up in 6 hours. Might take a couple of months to conquer Shift 2, but you will learn how to beat a driving game. It's not by keeping the throttle planted. If you want to pass time, might I suggest Tetris instead.

^^ Tetris is serious business, my friend. On topic, you might also look at Blur and Split/Second, haven't played them myself but heard they were decent arcade racers.

Play NFS : Porsche 2000 with Carrera RS 2.7 and 930 turbo. Master the car and you can drive any car in any game :p

I'd have to go vote for Need for Speed: The Run as well. It's the only racing game that I managed to completed amogst the recent lot. Loved the concept. Even with my profound hate for the Frostbite 2 engine, I still had a great time with it.

Burnout: Paradise .. fun to play & good learning curve .. though the open world racing is too frustrating for me (who has no direction sense what so ever... ) :)

Ridge Racer:Unbounded .. I found it less taxing than most games .. easy to learn and pick up .. The race tracks in this game are mostly straight to a good degree with a few right angle turns .. No complex business, just straight forward racing .. Very arcade-y

I'd have to go vote for Need for Speed: The Run as well. It's the only racing game that I managed to completed amogst the recent lot. Loved the concept. Even with my profound hate for the Frostbite 2 engine, I still had a great time with it.

Why do you dislike the FrostBite engine, Sire?

Why do you dislike the FrostBite engine, Sire?

Both Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor Warfighter seem to face the exact same sound loop and crash issue. It's not just me, you'll have a long thread on EA's Battlefield 3 forum with people who have faced the same issue.

On the console, the graphics are extremely fuzzy. Frame rates issues combined with screen tearing can be added to the technical issues. But hey, at least it doesn't crash on the consoles. :p

On the console, the graphics are extremely fuzzy. Frame rates issues combined with screen tearing can be added to the technical issues. But hey, at least it doesn't crash on the consoles. :p

Never bought BattleField 3 and could not care less about Ek Tha WarFighter so I cannot comment on the crashes.

True on the next count though, no crash on consoles. Cheers!

P.S. -- Sent you a request on STEAM.

Hm.. I killed NFS MW 2006. The thing with this 2012 MW is that I feel that all cars drive the same way. ( IN MW 2006, Carerra GT would turn and handle easily at very high speed but the CLK black would'nt handle that swiftly and I had to drift/brake at every turn.) . But in this I drove some 6 cars in stock condition but they all drove similar to me.
The main challenge I face is when I press the left and right buttons to turn:
At high speeds It does'nt turn at all ( unless I brake really hard) to dodge traffic and at low speeds ( when I reset after a crash) it takes a 90 degree turn even if I press the keys for <1sec.
I guess this is more real like the real time handling of the car.
And can't believe there are no options to adjust the keys sensitivity for steering which was present in 2006 version.

I feel that all cars drive the same way.

I have started playing last week and shamefully did over 4 hours of it, and I TOTALLY agree with your comment, I could not find much difference in the dynamics of the car, well apart from 'toughness' character, driving style is pretty much same. Major difference I felt is between GTR,Lambo and porsche(the new one,don remem the model).. And yes like OP said I too agree the game is indeed HARD, I believe they have worked on map like paradise city, took game theme from most wanted and executed it like NFS underground(That is also one difficult game, TOO many random characteristics to a race, I still remember playing that sprint race, my by thinking about it only is making my thumbs hurt.) All in all it's a very good thing that i'm playing it at my home, otherwise if I would be playing this at my friend's house then I donno how many mothers and sisters would be cursed during the play :)[control shashi control]

I tried the new MW last night and just couldn't handle the car and kept on crashing all the way. I have always played with KB and burnout paradise and hot pursuit were my last racing games. It felt like I was driving in GTA and as mentioned by GODMODE09 the left and right steering was just too sensitive. I was put-off after just 2 races. What an I doing wrong here? Will patience help?

Back