Budget 41-50k Need a Laptop in the 40k range

Disciple
Hi,
I am planning to buy a laptop in the 40k range. I can go upto 45k max if its a good model.
I basically need it for Oracle/Java programming, web surfing and playing the odd game like NFS, FIFA etc.
I would prefer a 13.3'' - 15.6'' laptop.
My main needs in a laptop are a good battery, graphics ( Dont matter much but its better if it has dedicated graphics) and a good screen( prefferable widescreen).
My choices are limited but Kindly suggest me a good model.

Sony VAIO T Series SVT13113EN Ultrabook under 45K and it's battery life is Upto 4.5 hours.
Sony VAIO T Series SVT13113EN Ultrabook

- - - Updated - - -

There is one more laptop i came through. Please check.
HP Pavilion G6-2016TX - 43K; It's have upto 3hours battery backup but it's have a 3rd gen. core i5 with best GPU.
HP Pavilion G6-2016TX
HP Pavilion G6-2016TX

Thanks mate. But dont know how is the vaio A.S.S. I was searching the net and came across this one
HP Pavilion g6-2005ax Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (India - English)

But my only problem is its an AMD . They are known to get heated up quickly.

Any other models . Pl suggest or else i'll go for the HP 2016TX.

Hp G6-2016tx is very good in this price bracket.

PS: Its an absolute myth that AMD gets heated up. It was story pre-athlon days. Regarding HP, the real culprit to defame them was Intel first gen + HP's crappy implementation of their heat dissipation design.
@Cybertron Stop suggesting without understanding the query/requirement of OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have suggested through Op's require. If i have suggested something wrong please clear the view. because i can't see anything wrong in my suggestion.

Apart from your G6-2016tx suggestion, none of the models fit according to OP's requirement. He needs the machine for Oracle/Java machine, which implies that he will need as best CPU as he can coupled with oodles of RAM in his mentioned budget. And you suggested him ULV CPU based laptops which are outclassed even by i3. Even g6-2005ax doesn't suits here.

Apart from your G6-2016tx suggestion, none of the models fit according to OP's requirement. He needs the machine for Oracle/Java machine, which implies that he will need as best CPU as he can coupled with oodles of RAM in his mentioned budget. And you suggested him ULV CPU based laptops which are outclassed even by i3. Even g6-2005ax doesn't suits here.

Why cant the G6-2005AX suit me ???? ant it handle simple oracle queries ????? Also apart from G6-2016TX arent there any other models in the 40-45k bracket ?????

- - - Updated - - -

How is this one ???
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Midnight+Black/5608338.p?id=1218672045876&skuId=5608338&st=hp%20m6&cp=1&lp=2

- - - Updated - - -

And this one HP Envy 14
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+ENVY+14.5%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5759136.p?id=1218691610874&skuId=5759136

Can someone let me know what is the custom duty on laptops ????

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone plz help me..... I need to buy the laptop in the next 2 days

Why cant the G6-2005AX suit me ???? ant it handle simple oracle queries ????? Also apart from G6-2016TX arent there any other models in the 40-45k bracket ?????

Obviously it can, but for a bit future proofing, I suggested you an i5 based laptop. SQL is a b**ch.

None of your links are working.

No envy please.

And I won't suggest you to buy a laptop from overseas.

Obviously it can, but for a bit future proofing, I suggested you an i5 based laptop. SQL is a b**ch.

None of your links are working.

No envy please.

And I won't suggest you to buy a laptop from overseas.

Ok.. Saw this lappy in an asus showroom today. Only 1 piece was there
Asus X53SC-SX041V - Versatile Performance - Asus Notebooks - Asus laptops - Asus Laptop - UK Best Deal Sale Laptops Buy Notebook Computer Discount UK - Buy On-Line Laptops and Accessories for Business and Home
He quoted 42k with 750gb hdd.... No reviews are available on the net when i searched in google. So was a bit skeptical.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, i saw your model Vaio CB35 in Next Electronics today. Price was 51k :( Too high for my budget :).. Wish its price was in the 45k range

Ok.. Saw this lappy in an asus showroom today. Only 1 piece was there
Asus X53SC-SX041V - Versatile Performance - Asus Notebooks - Asus laptops - Asus Laptop - UK Best Deal Sale Laptops Buy Notebook Computer Discount UK - Buy On-Line Laptops and Accessories for Business and Home
He quoted 42k with 750gb hdd.... No reviews are available on the net when i searched in google. So was a bit skeptical.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, i saw your model Vaio CB35 in Next Electronics today. Price was 51k :( Too high for my budget :).. Wish its price was in the 45k range

Asus model has very weak GPU, I won't give it a look. CB35 is discontinued so you may be able to find a good deal, if you can get it around ~45k, its too good.

Seriously ? Its not like the A8 is slouch like ATOM that it can't handle processing java apps/programming ?

Please stop creating FUD specially if you have no idea about programming or how cpu "Actually" works ( wrt programming).

@OP - Will you be doing multi threading ? If not even brazos will suffice, other than that instead trying to buy the best cpu to run your code learn to optimize. You can do that by better threading / intrinsic and open cl.

Also being a JAVA developer you "should" get aware of the future and current java developments. APARPI for example lets you leverage you code processing to GPU rather than using CPU, future revision (Java 8) will bring a built in GPU pipeline for code processing so that will help in future, so with a single statement you can redirect your compilation to gpu rather than cpu (course cpu will be needed for serial processing)

Spending 40k+ in a laptop just doesn't make sense until and unless you are paranoid about show off and such, cause most of the time you'll be doing entertainment stuff with practically less programming and even if you do intense programming any laptop within 40k budget will suffice and has more than enough processing power. (Learn the CLI to compile and avoid bloated IDEs)

HP laptop with A8+7670 is the best bang for buck else you can opt for samsung ( Samsung NP355V5C-S03IN Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 750GB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook )

My room-mates/classmates have i5/i3 and i7 based lappies and they are so hot that I can cook egg using it :p (Ohh and that's not a joke)

Seriously ? Its not like the A8 is slouch like ATOM that it can't handle processing java apps/programming ?

Please stop creating FUD specially if you have no idea about programming or how cpu "Actually" works ( wrt programming).

@OP - Will you be doing multi threading ? If not even brazos will suffice, other than that instead trying to buy the best cpu to run your code learn to optimize. You can do that by better threading / intrinsic and open cl.

Also being a JAVA developer you "should" get aware of the future and current java developments. APARPI for example lets you leverage you code processing to GPU rather than using CPU, future revision (Java 8) will bring a built in GPU pipeline for code processing so that will help in future, so with a single statement you can redirect your compilation to gpu rather than cpu (course cpu will be needed for serial processing)

Spending 40k+ in a laptop just doesn't make sense until and unless you are paranoid about show off and such, cause most of the time you'll be doing entertainment stuff with practically less programming and even if you do intense programming any laptop within 40k budget will suffice and has more than enough processing power. (Learn the CLI to compile and avoid bloated IDEs)

HP laptop with A8+7670 is the best bang for buck else you can opt for samsung ( Samsung NP355V5C-S03IN Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 750GB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook )

My room-mates/classmates have i5/i3 and i7 based lappies and they are so hot that I can cook egg using it :p (Ohh and that's not a joke)

Thank u so much for the info buddy. U r rite. I might actually end up watching movies and playing games than actually do some serious programming :p. But jokes apart. i was kinda confused as most of the reviews on the net and the vendors in the shops suggested me to go for a i3/i5 . I guess its a complete VFM lappy. I would not go for samsung for the simple fact that they are mush better off making mobile phones than laptops. HP is a more reputed brand in laptops tha samsung.

Also i wouldnt do any multi-threading.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope HP launches the G6 2002AX laptop in india soon.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03281944
It has A10 processor+Radeon 7660g

- - - Updated - - -

Any Idea how is this one ????
http://www.sony.co.in/product/sve15115en
Its perfectly within my budget

When did I said A8 is slouch? And I'm NOT creating a FUD. I suggested an i5 over A8 as OP mentioned Oracle, and Oracle does gains a lot from a good CPU.

True, but I just suggested a "better" config without stretching the budget. There are people who even work with Atom/brazos for hardcore programming but that doesn't makes them the apt choice for the purpose.

And the point of mentioning it?

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System i5 3210M + HD7670M -> ~ 43.5k + 5% VAT
Lenovo Z580 (59-333346) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook ~ 45k i53210M + GT630M (Not sure whether this is 28nm Kepler or the older 40nm one) It also comes with 3 years warranty. 1 year onsite and 2 years carrry in.

I had a good look at the lenovo in croma yesterday. But then decided against it as my friends say lenovo service is not good for home laptops.
Dell is good but takes 8-10 days for the delivery.

Also my budget is 40k ... Max i can strech it to 45k if i get a good model. Pl dont suggest me models for 45k.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea how is this ????
http://www.flipkart.com/asus-k53sm-sx010d-laptop-2nd-gen-ci5-4gb-750gb-dos-2gb-graph/p/itmd7vs3bhr6jtgb?pid=COMD7VPKTSFNFZWM&ref=9626037d-acfe-45ce-b844-37c2dfc0026f

It doesnt have any OS which is good as i can install Ubuntu or Windows 7 ultimate on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also one noob question : What is the diff between i5/i3(3rd gen) vs 2nd gen... i am kinda attracted towards the Sony Vaio lineup but most of them have i3/i5 2nd gen proccy.

The config is solid for the price and as you can see from the user reviews the build too seems to be excellent. I have got couple of low end Asus for my friends and they are working well. But can't comment on the after sales service since I don't have any first hand experience.

There is not much of a difference in the CPU performance between the 2nd and 3rd generation Core series processors. They both are energy efficient and good enough for your needs. But if you opt for 2nd gen processor then it might affect the resale value later on.

The config is solid for the price and as you can see from the user reviews the build too seems to be excellent. I have got couple of low end Asus for my friends and they are working well. But can't comment on the after sales service since I don't have any first hand experience.

There is not much of a difference in the CPU performance between the 2nd and 3rd generation Core series processors. They both are energy efficient and good enough for your needs. But if you opt for 2nd gen processor then it might affect the resale value later on.

Thanks again. But i dont intend to sell the laptop at all. I would be using it for 2-3 yrs .
i went to the asus showroom today but they seem to be selling only the K55 and the lambhorgini model.... both of which are out of my budget.
Can anyone suggest me a good asus showroom in mumbai. I live in Mulund.

Back