Need a laptop 25k to 30k - good hardware + support in Bangalore is a must

poseidon

Disciple
Hi, I am looking for a laptop in 25k to 30k range with good hardware though it will only be used for browsing and office work. Please suggest the best and cheapest options

If we can get some online discount/deal that would be perfect or if anyone is selling his new laptop at TE and is in bangalore

Regards

If you want a cheap and tikau lappy, go for SAMSUNG.

Looking for a stylish one ? Then SONY.

DELL isn't cheap, so won't suggest.

Are sony once good as I can see them for 28k on letsbuy ?

which one are better among samsung and sony ?

ramanujpatro said:
If you want a cheap and tikau lappy, go for SAMSUNG.

Looking for a stylish one ? Then SONY.

DELL isn't cheap, so won't suggest.

Build quality of SONY is better than Samsung,

Samsung laptops are feature packed.

Like,

i3 2nd gen,500GB,3GB RAM,15.5 inch and 1GB Nvidia Ge force (520M) at 28.5k FROM (SAMSUNG @letsbuy)

i3 2nd gen.320GB,2Gb RAM,15.5 inch and 512 Nvidia Ge Force (410M) at 28.5 FROM (SONY @ letsbuy)

Add 1k if you are willing to buy FROM flipkart.

I would say, go to SP Road and get it from aashirwaad computers. Show them the online prices if they ask too much. ;)

best option you can blindly go for in this budget???/ ACER. within this budget you will get the best value for money without compromising on the build quality.. you will be paying some premium for sony vaios because of brand value. right now acer is providing some of the best configs for the given price and have better build quality than HPs. dont even look at lenovos and HCLs. they suck bigtime..
Trust me, my friends looking for a laptop within 30 to 35K, so we've been researching for 2 to 3 days already. you wont go wrong with acer.. you will get decent no nonsense smart looking design, 15.6 inch screen and decent hardware config.. plus, with ACER you also have the option to buy a laptop without windows preloaded (select models only) so you wont be forced to spend like 6 to 10 K just for preloaded windows. . even if the laptop costs the same as the one with windows preloaded, it will have much better hardware config.. better graphics card , larger capacity hard drive, more ram.. anything..

but your best bet would be to buy an acer laptop without windows loaded on it..even asus provides laptops without windows preloaded. .so you can have a look at them too. even asus is a good brand . just not too popular in india.. so i am not sure how good the after sales service is .. but all of these concerns are not present with acer.. Must say, the most no nonsense brand for laptops currently.

Moreover, my specific advice not to opt for dell too. i personally dont like the build quality on dells. its just too overrated.. moreover, they are known to have lots of issues.. and if you land with one, the only option you will have is for the dell guy to come and analyze the problem, confirm its a defect and their fault, send your laptop to bangalore for repair or replacement. and all this process is gonna take atleast 15 to 20 days min.. with my uncles desktop, they took a whole month.. .even if they replace fine.. but you wouldnt like repairs being carried out on a brand new product for which you've just spent 30K. you want a spick and span faultless, flawlessly running system..

Advice for brands in the order for highly recommended to not recommended:

1. ACER - GOod build quality, good value for money, smart design, nice keyboard too.
2. HP - good value for money like acer, good build quality however very slightly inferior than ACER, especially visible on select models
3. Tosiba/Asus Both good brands, might have after sales service issues. not sure about asus, but toshiba, nice rugged laptops, not very good to look at though, failing due to after sales service
4. sony. just because of premium pricing and less value for money, but , good build quality , at par with acer, good looks too
5. Lenovo - Cheap chinese company just taken over by IBM to manufacture on their behalf with much lower manufacturing costs.
6. HCL. bad build quality, bad design.. not worth it..

puneetritehere said:
5. Lenovo - Cheap chinese company just taken over by IBM to manufacture on their behalf with much lower manufacturing costs.

Lenovo is cheap ? ARE you serious ?

Lenovo has very good build quality, and is intended for rough & tough use.

i will say go for the Sony VAIO VPCEH25EN eventhough samsung offers a bit more coz you can get 3yrs warranty(1yr original+ 2yrs extended) for just 2.5k with the sony vaio, so at 30-31k you will have a fully functional laptop for atleast 3 yrs :)

Lenovo has very good build quality, and is intended for rough & tough use.

No offense mate.. but does the brochure say that or are you marketing for lenovo???. coz i think you need to have a better look and seriously spend about 2 hrs in the shop for a proper comparison. Noone even knew what lenovo was before IBM bought it. Lenovo and hcl laptops have the worst build quality in the market. Lenovo is still much better than HCL .. atleast acceptable.

you seriously want to see rough tough?? try to get your hands on an IBM laptop from the 90's enclosed inside a rubber coated briefcase.. you will know what rough and tough means.. none of the laptops available in the market right now are rough and tough. the best you can do is compare them with each other.. but none is even remotely rough or tough.

puneetritehere said:
No offense mate.. but does the brochure say that or are you marketing for lenovo???. coz i think you need to have a better look and seriously spend about 2 hrs in the shop for a proper comparison. Noone even knew what lenovo was before IBM bought it. Lenovo and hcl laptops have the worst build quality in the market. Lenovo is still much better than HCL .. atleast acceptable.

you seriously want to see rough tough?? try to get your hands on an IBM laptop from the 90's enclosed inside a rubber coated briefcase.. you will know what rough and tough means.. none of the laptops available in the market right now are rough and tough. the best you can do is compare them with each other.. but none is even remotely rough or tough.

i think you have never used a lenovo thinkpad, its built like a TANK!!

puneetritehere said:

Stop talking nonsense.

You do not have the faintest idea what you are talking about.

Go with RS4 suggestion !!

Sony VPCEH25EN : Great laptop + 3 yrs warranty for just 2.5k

Samsung NP300-s01 : VFM + better build than Sony

The configuration in samsung is way better but speakers and warranty makes sony ahead....so choose....if you want configuration, go for samsung...has pretty sturdy build...have uploaded my laptop pics....has a matte screen (antiglare) !!

i think you have never used a lenovo thinkpad, its built like a TANK!!

thats it..its just the lenovo thinkpad that is being carried over from the IBM thinkpad lineup thats built nice and tough. coz its signature lineup from IBM for which they will not compromise.

Back