PC Peripherals Need a decent PSU

rajkumar_pb

Adept
Aug 27, 2008
rajkumarpb.blogspot.com
Hi,

I decided to get a new PSU for my RIG. Please see my siggy for my rig. The updates will be i'll change for 5670 or 6670(if it comes :D) and will add a couple more HDD's. So please suggest a GPU considering this in mind.

My budget is 2.5k and can't stretch any.

I currently zeroed at FSP Saga II 500W, but will that handle all the above said?

Help me guys.

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
The FSP is a good choice, but considering your budget, i would recommend you to go for a 80+ efficiency certified PSU. FSPs efficiency is manufacturer claimed, not certified, but it must be around that figure.

Anyways, the obvious choice considering the above point is the Corsair CX400 (not the CX430 which is inferior to CX400). Costs around 2.6K with 3 Yrs warranty. The other one is the SeaSonic S12II 430W, again 80+ certified efficiency and similar warranty. The price i am not sure about coz in the GO by theITwares in the dealer section mentions that PSU at 2.6K but in his website its at 3.2K. So needs some clarification, but if its indeed at 2.6K then that would be my choice hands down.

Both will handle your config with ease even if you throw in a couple of more HDDs or even more powerful GFX cards (5670s are babies when it comes to power consumption:lol:)

rajkumar_pb

Adept
Aug 27, 2008
rajkumarpb.blogspot.com
^^ Well, then will try to get my hands on Seasonic S12II 430W @ 2.6k. It sure does looks like a nice deal, and 80+ certified? Well. need to google a lot. :D

BTW how is CX400. What is the price? Is that compete with the S12II?

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
N

NotMyRealName

Anyone know if the CX400 was ever changed from the seasonic to a crappier design? In the current stock i mean. I'm planning to buy one shortly and need to know if it's the same awesome seasonic design or if corsair have messed up this model too.

N

NotMyRealName

I was going over the specs of corsairs and the cx400 and the vx450 have only one difference. The VX has 3A more on the +12V which is 36W higher. Features and ratings all seem to be same otherwise. Does this warrant a 1k price difference really? Now i REALLY like the cx!