Android Must have APPS for Android

Have a few specific needs - suggestions are much appreciated (I'm using Xperia Z on 4.1.2)

1) Something to quickly sort the application panes - currently I have to manually sort apps from one pane to another. Basically I would like one pane for 'Games', one for 'Communication' etc.
Smart launcher

Have a few specific needs - suggestions are much appreciated (I'm using Xperia Z on 4.1.2)

1) Something to quickly sort the application panes - currently I have to manually sort apps from one pane to another. Basically I would like one pane for 'Games', one for 'Communication' etc.
2) Best app to kill background tasks? I've downloaded EasyTaskKiller, but is there anything better?
3) Camera app to automatically take pictures in burst mode instead of me having to manually press down the shutter key.

Edit: Currently, the Play Store is tied to India - so, for example, all the top Finance apps are Indian bank apps - is there a way to switch the country to US or something?

1) Smart Launcher
2) Easy task killer is good. An alternative would be: Advanced Task Killer
3) Try Camera 360, it's a good camera app

Do you want a personal finance app? Then two good apps are Expense manager and Financisto.

2) Best app to kill background tasks? I've downloaded EasyTaskKiller, but is there anything better?

Edit: Currently, the Play Store is tied to India - so, for example, all the top Finance apps are Indian bank apps - is there a way to switch the country to US or something?

2. Try greenify

For playstore try market helper.

Video player :

Archos Video Player ----> much better than mx

Web browser :

Lightning Browser ----> fastest but has some bugs as it is open source

System/Utility :

RoundR ----> must have
Screen Filter ----> nice utility app
Swiftkey ----> best keyboard out there
StickMount ----> must have for root users
Titanium Backup ----> again must have for all root users
Terminal Emulator ----> good app for tinkering
TrackPack ----> must have
Zedge ----> must have
TeamViewer ----> must have for accessing remote PC's
Clean Master ----> must have

Yup except for apps you want to be working in background you should add everything else. Itwirjs better than other task killers, it hibernates whenever screen is off. Saves good amount of battery too.

I installed this a while ago but not sure how to use it:bag:.
What i understand is we should not use it for mails/facebook (because the apps will be hibernated hence no notifications)
Should i greenify apps that i use the most?

If you don't want notifications then you should 'greenify' them. I would recommend however that you turn auto-sync off (assuming you use gmail) and 'greenify' Facebook. In fact you should just uninstall facebook.

Otherwise click on the + sign on the bottom right corner in Greenify, Greenify also recommends which apps you should 'greenify'

1) Smart Launcher
2) Easy task killer is good. An alternative would be: Advanced Task Killer

Smart launcher is good ,may be i am gonna keep it:) (tried other popular launchers but came back to touchwizz immediately)
I read the task killers are just going to keep running in background and cripples their own functionality and battery.
I am just clearing the ram sometimes depending on usage. I hope to see a better app or the functionality built into android in the future.

If you don't want notifications then you should 'greenify' them. I would recommend however that you turn auto-sync off (assuming you use gmail) and 'greenify' Facebook. In fact you should just uninstall facebook.

Otherwise click on the + sign on the bottom right corner in Greenify, Greenify also recommends which apps you should 'greenify'

I haven't installed facebook but why are you suggesting to uninstall it.
I guess your suggestions about facebook and autosync are to save battery.[DOUBLEPOST=1369135119][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yup except for apps you want to be working in background you should add everything else. Itwirjs better than other task killers, it hibernates whenever screen is off. Saves good amount of battery too.

I have many apps and i cant get balance between what to greenify and what i should not.
Because greenify makes apps hibernate which eats ram.
Does greenify-ing games a correct thing?

I have many apps and i cant get balance between what to greenify and what i should not.
I have greenified 50+ apps and don't see it eating any ram. It actually frees up memory by hibernating and apps. Yes you can hibernate games or any app which you don't want to sync in the background.

I haven't installed facebook but why are you suggesting to uninstall it.
I guess your suggestions about facebook and autosync are to save battery.[DOUBLEPOST=1369135119][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hibernating should not consume RAM. Greenify is supposed to save RAM and increase battery life.

Thank you guys:) now its all clear to me.
ps: my phone has 1gb ram and s4 lite processor.

Is there any way to get rid of the flower screen entirely from the smart launcher?

Found UCweb tab HD browser to be the best of many I tried till now. Supports flash too, thats what i wanted. But crashes a bit.

Does anybody know which was the latest version of opera mobile that supported flash and streaming videos? Opera is rock stable otherwise so wanted to try it with flash.

Also can anybody recommend an app which saves all USSD msges giving info about prepaid balance and call charges after every call?

You can protect yourself from accidental play store purchases with a pin. The pin is asked every time you try to buy something from play store.

edit: can't find that setting. But play store asks for password too while buying apps.

While purchasing apps from play store, it does ask me account password. I wanted info about in-app purchases, which is rarely or hardly ever done but can be disastrous as amounts can be big and there can be refund policies different than play store refunds.

Back