Mumbaiites: What's your electric bill like? (BEST/Rel/Tata)

gforce

Adept
I just received ours for this month and it's a real shocker - 1750 for pretty much the same amount of usage as the last couple of months. The increase is a Sensex-rivaling 22%. I'm preparing myself for more shocks over the next couple of months. Sheesh, I pay just a little more than that for way more usage back home in the U.S.

And what's with the entire bill being in Marathi?

Have you gotten the shock yet?

Hmm funny i was just thinking about my last electricity bill..i.e Rs10,000 and month before it was 3k,so yea some conspiracy is going on.:S

all Mumbaites jus wait for next bill.....furthur increase of 50% charge per unit approved today....it was pending becoz of election....

Plus if your usage increase some % more than your last year usage furthut u r penalised....

All this being done as ard 10k crore rupees pending from commercial usage by various factories in maharashtra especially by sugar mills by our heavyweight politician...who didnt allowed any electric unit to come up in maharashtra in 1980s-1990s....

Relaince,bses tata not doing anything to get that money..but if u dont pay for a single month your connection is gone plus..heavy penalised......we need to file a PIL i guess.....

Well I am in Delhi but bills r crazy here, last year with a/c on all day I got some thing like 1750 rupees now with a/c on only @ night and cooler for day I get 3000/- :( But my bills are in English :)

MAGNeT said:
all Mumbaites jus wait for next bill.....furthur increase of 50% charge per unit approved today....it was pending becoz of election....

Plus if your usage increase some % more than your last year usage furthut u r penalised....
All this being done as ard 10k crore rupees pending from commercial usage by various factories in maharashtra especially by sugar mills by our heavyweight politician...who didnt allowed any electric unit to come up in maharashtra in 1980s-1990s....

Relaince,bses tata not doing anything to get that money..but if u dont pay for a single month your connection is gone plus..heavy penalised......we need to file a PIL i guess.....

Any source to confirm what you said ? We too witnessed a 30% increase
in the electricity-bill for the last month!

3 to 5 hrs load shedding withing 24 hrs or no load shedding

no difference in the billing amount ............... 1.8k to 2.2k

let be best / rel / tata / mseb, what difference does it makes ?

ha ha.. MSEB rules even if there's Load shedding of 3 hrs daily..

I get around 700-850 bucks, even If I use Refrigerator, Motor Pump, Iron, AC, Washing machine, TV, PC and too long list..

I never got above 900 yet..

Back