Mumbai People here I come!!

hmasalia

Adept
Hi Guys!
Will be making almost the 1st visit to Mumbai

I was there 20 Years back, somehow managed to dodge my parents was finally found at the Police Station (Was taken by some really nice couple who found me stranded on the Marine Drive)
Now my question is....
This is a business visit, whats the best way of travel any special rates for Taxi applicable etc...
Places to Visit..
Will be there for 3 Days.....

Thanks in advance!!

hmasalia said:
I was there 20 Years back, somehow managed to dodge my parents was finally found at the Police Station (Was taken by some really nice couple who found me stranded on the Marine Drive)

Errrmmm.. :S

Care to explain this statement??? Some punctuations are missing here n there; :S

The above statement can be read in 2 ways:

somehow managed to dodge; my parents was finally found at the Police Station; :lol: :rofl:

or

somehow managed to dodge my parents; was finally found at the Police Station

Which among these?? :S

Gannu, you rascal!

Hmasalia (what is that nick!), I returned to Mumbai after 5 months at Vizag. :) And now am in another part of India altogether...but..

Ensure you travel by local train atleast once. For an AP dweller, they're quite an experience. Go over to South Mumbai - VT, Colaba, Chowpatty, Breach Candy, Haji Ali, Churchgate, Parel, Worli etc. Hang around the malls, check out the beaches, have dinner at Noorani's (opp. Haji Ali, if you're a non-veggie that is...or even Bade Miyan).

I guess the best way to spend your time is in Town/South Mumbai...you might be able to go over to Bandra/Pali Hill for some great restaurants, check out Juhu beach also while you're there.

The rest of the suburbs will take a looot more time for you to explore. :) Mumbai is huge when compared to Hyd/Vsp or even Blore/Chennai - but a pleasure in terms of sheer diversity.

Have fun!
Payne

Where are you going to be staying? No special rates on taxis as such, but always insist on paying by meter + fare card, on rickshaws as well. Thank God one city in the country actually functions as per the fare card, and not as per the whims and fancies of some idiot rickwallah :D

Dont forget to visit Marine Drive or worli sea face when its raining. ull remember it for ur life. As someone said Non-veg(Moghlai) at noorani is awesome.

Get into the second class compartment of the Virar Fast from Churchgate and try getting off at Andheri.....:D .........

Other must try places in those 3 days , Juhu Beach , Haji Ali , Marine Drive....don't waste time eating at MacDonalds and other restaurauts , check out the places for eating as mentioned by 'd_payne'. Although its rainy season and road-side food should be avoided , see some lil bit hygenic place dont miss the 'road ka jumbo vada pav'...Do catchup with the Sealink project at Reclamation, oh and yes if mumbai is busy with its rain schedule, njoy the rains :D

Hi!

Sorry for the error!

I was leaving for the station and just remembered that you guys could be a gr8 help!

I am currently in the Train

Should be reaching Mumbai mumbai early tomorrow morning...

Will be putting up some where near Mohammed Ali Road/Madvi Post Office, something like this not sure.... the address is writin down on a piece of paper and too lazy to get down and open up my bags....

Will surely check out the trains... its already on my agenda....

Rave: Where do you want me to carry down the xbox

pm me the details will see if i can help out....

@ Gannu

My parents found me at the police station..i was 4 year old :p

He was too smart for his parents and gave them the slip :p

Guess they got him from the "Lost and Found" section :p

He was quite lucky to be found by decent people at marine drive and not the people from the "other world"

Welcome to the "city that never sleeps" hmasalia ! Monsson is the best season to enjoy in Mumbai !

Cheers !

hanzy said:
Do catchup with the Sealink project at Reclamation, oh and yes if mumbai is busy with its rain schedule, njoy the rains :D

i hate sealink :mad:
my grandparents have a flat on the seashore at prabhadevi....not very nice anymore grrrrrr

YGPM hmasalia :)

and well nothing more i can add to the already list of suggestions, why are you going there though? surely not for a holiday :p

d_payne said:
have dinner at Noorani's (opp. Haji Ali, if you're a non-veggie that is...
Dunno about newcomers but Cafe Noorani sucks now imho.
Just wasted 500/- bucks last weekend over a meal i used to relish once upon a time and that place used to be a 'must hog at' when in that area. :(
(I left the place with a half-filled tummy and might not go there again.)

hanzy said:
Get into the second class compartment of the Virar Fast from Churchgate and try getting off at Andheri.....:D .........

If u gonna try this ...i guess this is gonna be the most adventurous thing u gonna do in Mumbai .

Person's who visit Mumbai to rarely should give this a try :eek:hyeah:

GOOD LUCK :bleh:

Back