Multiple connections through WiFi

teche

Adept
Earlier I was using the Wifi connection on multiple devices - Laptop, iPhone, Lenovo pad, etc. Lately I connected my iPad too. Now, most of the times Safari on iPad gives a notification "cannot connect". At times Laptop shows a message. Even my iPhone does not connect when laptop is connected. Then I reboot the modem & the connection sometimes works.

What could be the root problem?

How to connect all these devices seamlessly to the net through Wifi?

I had the same problem. I did something weird, dont know why I did that but it worked.
I removed security from the wifi and the connection was automatic for my HTC EVO,Samsung Pop and my Lenova. I know the implications of unsecured wifi but still this was useful.

I had the same problem. I did something weird, dont know why I did that but it worked.
I removed security from the wifi and the connection was automatic for my HTC EVO,Samsung Pop and my Lenova. I know the implications of unsecured wifi but still this was useful.

You can use the MAC filter to reduce the security risk.

Earlier I was using the Wifi connection on multiple devices - Laptop, iPhone, Lenovo pad, etc. Lately I connected my iPad too. Now, most of the times Safari on iPad gives a notification "cannot connect". At times Laptop shows a message. Even my iPhone does not connect when laptop is connected. Then I reboot the modem & the connection sometimes works.

What could be the root problem?

How to connect all these devices seamlessly to the net through Wifi?

Could you please tell me the Router model no and your Internet connection speeds.

The router Im using is UTSTARCOM WA3002G4 on BSNL unlimited 900/- month. Download speeds are 2mbps for 8GB, then 256kbps.

Back