MTNL speed upgraded???

hahaha.. m getting 2 mbps from 3-4 days constant.. i max out my conn at arnd 235KBPS.. it just stays there.. donno wts going .. but ya pages opening very slowly.. and well this has always been a problem.. that my yputube vids load so so slowly.. its quicker to jst dnload them... heh.. neway hope these speeds stays..

I was getting a measly 512 KBPS in the Rs 999 combo plan. Then I complained and the speed was increased to 1MBPS. I guess their servers got jumbled!

Forget upgrade, these people again pulled back my speed to less than 752 kbps :mad:. I have 1 Mbps plan.

Any super effective way to make complaint ?

@matoind

Can you tell how do i complain effectively, MTNL 1504 lady gave me a number 24361221 which no one picks up.

Dialing 198 is no no issue as they say that my complaint is already registered and they have no option of speed related issue complaint.

raksrules said:
Forget upgrade, these people again pulled back my speed to less than 752 kbps :mad:. I have 1 Mbps plan.

@matoind

Can you tell how do i complain effectively, MTNL 1504 lady gave me a number 24361221 which no one picks up.

Dialing 198 is no no issue as they say that my complaint is already registered and they have no option of speed related issue complaint.
hey m8 call 12540 direct no to their server room and guess what, i called them yesterday and i spoke to some guy there who was technically sound who said that mtnl has some packet loss issue and thats the reason browsing is slow and utube vids are loading slow, to satisfy urself, ping any site like yahoo and see what pings and latency u get.

raksrules said:

@matoind

Email the DGM of your area (MTNL Mumbai Information - India Broadband Wiki) it should be done

guys my speed is reduced getting only 430kbps i tried e-mailing the dgm but the message was not sent bcoz of over quota
Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:
Recipient address: dgmadr@ims-ms-daemon

Original address: dgmadr@mtnl.net.in

Reason: Over quota

called 12540 they said only engineers can call here & not customers they gave some server number which is not working

Pls help

impulse1992 said:
guys my speed is reduced getting only 430kbps i tried e-mailing the dgm but the message was not sent bcoz of over quota

called 12540 they said only engineers can call here & not customers they gave some server number which is not working

Pls help
Hi,

Tell them that the ppl @ 1540 asked u to call the server room and speak to them directly about ur problem, it worked for me coz i was asked to speak to 12540 directly and they sorted my issue in 20 mins and they even called me back to confirm if my issue was sorted or did i need any further help

^^True...when i called 12540 the lady told me to dial 1504 but i said that i have speed issues and they promptly handled the same. The 1504 does not have speed related complaint category.

@impulse1992

Do you have parallel lines in your home ?

If yes then remove all of them and then restart the modem and check the speed and then reconnect (may be one) of the telephone lines. This is because in my case the speeds used to vary a lot. But when i did this parallel line thing, i was getting consistent 1 Mbps speeds as per my plan.

Now as a thumb rule i disconnect all the parallel lines when using internet and only one telephone is kept working that too using the splitter.

raksrules said:
^^True...when i called 12540 the lady told me to dial 1504 but i said that i have speed issues and they promptly handled the same. The 1504 does not have speed related complaint category.

@impulse1992

Do you have parallel lines in your home ?

If yes then remove all of them and then restart the modem and check the speed and then reconnect (may be one) of the telephone lines. This is because in my case the speeds used to vary a lot. But when i did this parallel line thing, i was getting consistent 1 Mbps speeds as per my plan.

Now as a thumb rule i disconnect all the parallel lines when using internet and only one telephone is kept working that too using the splitter.
ya i hav parallel lines will try ur suggestion

damn u mumbai users... lol
MTNL dilli ko toh dil se speen dedo

I hope we get 2MBPS from October onwards
any Delhi user who is getting 2MB on lower plan
or all are just Mumbai users

Back