Data Rate
:2048509kbps
Max Rate
:171562421kbps
POWER
:13.712.1dbm
CRC
:00
Change modulation from adsl2 + to G. Dmt.. There will be an option.. Ur connection stats are pretty good, I think it's a router problem..

It ended the same day and now, for some reason, I'm getting only 1Mbps throughout the day. WTF? MTNL has gone completely bonkers.

This might be a wild guess, but I might have been FUP'd. Either that, or it could be some weird mistake from MTNL. I tried calling up their CC and they said they didn't find any issues with the plan (now that it's non-existent). Tried to pass on some DNS setting to no avail. I'm switching to 550 UL plan in a day or two. Why pay 999 for 1Mbps the whole day, when I can get the same for lower price?

Last edited:
I figured out what went wrong with my speed. The arseholes shifted me to 1050 plan, which has 2Mbps speed till 30 gig and then 1Mbps throughout. It seems one of their reps had called my place when these plans were launched and they shifted it without my consent. My mum confirmed that she hadn't said yes to any of their offers, in fact, had asked them to call me. No call came to me for confirmation and boom, my plans shifted to this shitty one. Now I'm stuck with it till 12th of March. Can't believe my 999 UL plan is lost now. What a bunch of morons!

Anyhoo, I'll move onto the 550UL plan once this shitfest is over.

Can't understand the huge price difference in 2Mbps UL and 1Mpbs UL , I'm thinking if possible to merge 2 lines

Switched to 550 UL scheme today and I'm getting around 170KBps on Torrents. Pretty neat for the price. I'll hold onto this plan till they don't screw it up.

Isn't this plan where you get 1Mbps in day and 1.5Mbps at night ?

I'm myself switching to this plan

Yes it is. It's better than paying 1k for an FUP based plan. I'm more than satisfied on this one. They changed it almost instantly.

MTNL sucks, my signal strength went from excellent to weak, line attenuation skyrocketed, snr margin reduced too, now every time internet activity increases the connection disconnects and gets a new IP, the response time for browsing also has gone down-the-drain.

Raised a customer-issue case 5 months ago , re-requested it every month since then and no reply till now. I never expected a decently working line could go bad, seems like they have unqualified people working for MTNL.

I would say never use MTNL in metros where you will definitely have better options.

Changing and updating plans is not an option if one cannot even maintain a decent working connection.

Last edited:
So they changed within days or at month end ? What speed you get in day and night time ?

They changed it on 13th of this month. During day, it goes between 110-125/KBps and night it goes up to 170/KBps. Do note that a router reboot is needed at 7:00PM to get 1.33Mbps speeds in the evening.

Even my 1333 plan charges were raised by Rs.80 but its now 1.33 Mbps 7:50AM - 7:50PM and 2Mbps rest of night and Sunday

Back