MTNL 3g - no unlimited plans?

Currently using it with UMG1831 coupled with ASUS RT-N16, signal seems to be getting better, earlier is was getting disconnected every 5-6 minutes, not it is getting disconnected every 27 minutes, hopefully it will get back to as it was earlier! Amen!

Is MTNL Prepaid card easily available over the counter? Or if you have to go to MTNL office to buy it?

Also what is the process after you purchase the Card?
1) what Is the minimum balance required?
2) what is minimum recharge for 3G?
3) how to activate 3G?
4) how long does it take to activate 3G?

Yes, it is available over the counter provided you have the neccessary documents, some verification proof, like passport, rent agreement, electric bill...

Please find the answers inline below

1) what Is the minimum balance required? No idea, the data packs should work within their respective validity period.
2) what is minimum recharge for 3G? check the MTNL site
3) how to activate 3G? you don't need to, it already activated
4) how long does it take to activate 3G? No need.

Got the MTNL Prepaid Card - Default Rs.91 Recharge ( 161 MB Limit)
Device : BSNL LW273

1) Settings - New Profile : MTNL3G - No : *99# - ID : mtnl - Pass : mtnl123 - APN : mtnl.net
2) UMTS Mode - After Connection it becomes - HSDPA
3) Signal Strength of only 4 Bars - Speedtest - 2 mbps DOWN and 1 mbps UP.

Feedback and Suggestions for improvement ??

Also where can I check my data usage ??

Any MTNL Delhi user here?

Can you activate the Rs 1650 UL pack by SMS from the available call balance? Or it has to be a special recharge of Rs 1650?
And how do you check the data balance for non-UL plans?

PayTM has Prepaid recharge of Rs.1650/- UL but MTNL website says that theres data limit of 15GB on RS.1650/- recharge..!!

Any MTNL Delhi user here?

Can you activate the Rs 1650 UL pack by SMS from the available call balance? Or it has to be a special recharge of Rs 1650?
And how do you check the data balance for non-UL plans?
Special recharge of 1650. I use PayTM.

PayTM has Prepaid recharge of Rs.1650/- UL but MTNL website says that theres data limit of 15GB on RS.1650/- recharge..!!
The 1500 3G plan has a FUP of 15GB. 1650 3G plan is UL.

varkey :-

*446#

You will receive 2-3 msgs from them with all the details..!

@alekh - Just called up MTNL CC - They confirmed that data online might be outdated and since 5th Dec the 1650 Plan has a Data limit of 50 GB.
If you see at PayTM even 2500 - 2 Month - UL Plan is visible. I doubt if it will still be active..

Currently I have recharged 126 and have received 600 MB for 15 days. In the mean time I have to figure out an UL Plan..

Guys any other options ?

Current Speedtest Results :-

2.1 MB Down, 0.3 MB Up..
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2375693861.png

@dipen01 : Its unlimited only for MTNL Delhi. For MTNL Mumbai it has been changed.

And the *446# didn't work for MTNL Delhi.

Last edited by a moderator:
@alekhkhanna : How do I check the data balance for non-UL plans?
*444# is what I use.

@varkey :-

*446#

You will receive 2-3 msgs from them with all the details..!

@alekh - Just called up MTNL CC - They confirmed that data online might be outdated and since 5th Dec the 1650 Plan has a Data limit of 50 GB.
If you see at PayTM even 2500 - 2 Month - UL Plan is visible. I doubt if it will still be active..

Guys any other options ?
Ah, so this change is pretty recent. Hmmm, lemme try with my normal usage and see how it fares. Thanks for the update.

Edit: You called up MTNL Mumbai ua Delhi ?

@alekhkhanna :

Called up MTNL Mumbai..!!

I am worried if I recharge 1650/- and I end up getting only 50 GB.

Btw what is the permissible data shown when you check the Data Usage with your UL Plans ?

@alekhkhanna :

Called up MTNL Mumbai..!!

I am worried if I recharge 1650/- and I end up getting only 50 GB.

Btw what is the permissible data shown when you check the Data Usage with your UL Plans ?
It only shows the leftover data. And just checked now. Still showing over 195 GB left. Guess the 50GB thing is with MTNL Mumbai only. Get a MTNL Delhi 3G SIM instead.

@dipen01 : Yes, the 50 GB change has been made only in Mumbai as of now (this thread was created because of that) ;) MTNL Delhi is still offering UL usage.

@dipen01 or others

Any idea if the 2500 bi-monthly pack of 100GB (that is enought for me) will work on roaming.
I am planning to take MTNL Mumbai SIM

But I have to move to Coimbatore for 3 months after a month or so, and need this connectivity over there.

yesterday i got one sim rom mtnl delhi through one of my friend, activate the 1650 plan and got sms saying i have 200 GB data....

i am from ahmedamad so using it for past one day and already downloaded 11 GB and still going...

Back