Motorola Photon 4G thread

josejeya26 said:
I have the Photon. GPRS and 3G works on Airtel and should do on any other GSM band. Use the the tweaker app to get your settings.

Thanks for reply.

Some people commenting about photon that it always searching sprint network after every reboot. is it true. and please share your bad experiences about this phone also.

avee02000 said:
Thanks for reply.

Some people commenting about photon that it always searching sprint network after every reboot. is it true. and please share your bad experiences about this phone also.

I does take 3-5 minutes for every reboot. But you do not do this often, do you? If you ignore the display, it`s on par with SGS2.

avee02000 said:
Thanks for reply.

There are two files that if you rename using rootexplorer the Sprint activation/search would stop. I think Farookh has posted that in one of his earlier posts. I did and my both Photons lock to GSM network pretty quickly.

SprintOMADMConnMOPlugin.apk

SprintOMADMConnMoPlugin.odex

first you need to root

rename these 2 files from system/app folder using rootexplorer

SprintOMADMConnMOPlugin.apk

SprintOMADMConnMoPlugin.odex

credit goes to Farookh

does TATA INDICOM cdma prepaid sim works on photon????

i loved the phone and appreciate the work motorola ppl have done

avee02000 said:
Thanks for reply.

and please share your bad experiences about this phone also.

Thought of sharing the trouble i went through, with my photon and almost gave me a shock when i couldn't turn on my wifi.

After i updated my photon whenever i turned on wifi it showed error under the wifi tab in settings.

tried lot of aftershock methods of rebooting the phone many a times.removed the battery and it worked for some time but it returned to the same state again.screwed my fingernails removing the battery 4-5 times.as i think photon users know how hard it is removing the back cover of the phone.

Wifi worked only in flight mode

finally went through a number of pages of a thread on the motorola support site and finally found the solution.It seems many ppl had the same issue.

Have an error with WiFi after update

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/56567?start=135&tstart=0

some crap sprintOaDm process was blocking the wifi.as if sprint never wanted ppl to use the phone outside their network.

So without rooting the phone, to remove the sprint processes, the other way to slove the problem is:

Put the phone on flight mode and reboot the phone.

turn on the wifi.

and using some task manager or any other app kill or stop the sprintOaDm process

Wifi now works fine.

However whenever i reboot the phone the process starts again and back to same problem

Bought the phone three weeks backs so don't want to root the phone so soon.So finding an app to kill or auto end the process on reboot.

Moral of the story:update the phone at your risk.

Guys,

Today I bought one box pack photon for 345$.

Its for dad.I know its way too powerful phone for him.

Where do I order case and scratch guard for it?

I went through sprint site.but found all overpriced stuff not like AT&T where you can find deals.

Which one to pick?

Brothers In Arms

Dungeon defenders

fifa 10

galaxy on fire 2

GT Racing HD

Hockey nations 2011

muffin knight

NOVA 2 HD

Peggie

Princes punt

Raptide GP

Shadowgun

Tintin HD

Worms HD

Assassins creed Rev HD

Confirmed working

I tried all of these running on my photon 4G.

Shadowgun and TinTin graphics looks gorgeous on the 4.3" screen

Anyone got NFS SHIFT or Asphalt Adrenaline working?

hey,

I got my new shiny shiny photon 4g.

did hack to stop handsfree activation thanks to farookh.

now about cdma part.

phone belongs to dad.

he loves it:eek:hyeah:

he has both cdma as well as gsm phone.

he would like to activate it on his tata indicom connection.

his tata phone already has sim card.

what i have to do to get indicom cdma working?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

alright guys,
i put cdma sim card of tata indicom in phone.
it reads all as expected
network ===int.roamin
signal strength=== -84dbm 0asu
network type cd,a 1xrtt
service state in service
roaming===roaming

but not able to call or receive call,

what you suggest?

Hi,

I will like to post few steps to use RUIM sims (CDMA) on Motorola Photon 4G.

Requirements-

1. QPST

2.Motorola Drivers

3.Photon MSL

Install Drivers- Shutdown Phone-Press Vol Down+Pwer button- select BP Tools-Connect USB cable- Open QPST Configuration -Add Diag Port- Start Client -Service Programming- Select Read from Phone-Enter MSL- Go To - 1x/HDR -Select Lock Mode = Never R-UIM Config = R-UIM Only.Then Goto M.IP - Select Mobile IP Behavoiur = simple IP Only.And Finally Write to Phone.Wait till the phone reboots

Hope these help Photon users to who want to use CDMA sim cards..

Thanks to Farookh,Pratikb and mgdelhi.I have gathered inputs from what they have contributed

Back