Android Moto X G E : Android 4.4.4 & Android L !

PoBoy

Skilled
http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-commences-rollout-android-444-kitkat-users-india

Motorola India announced on Twitter today that it is rolling out the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update to users in the country, with the Moto X, Moto E and the Moto G set to receive the OTA update shortly

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/103...confirms-android-l-for-the-moto-x-moto-g.html

An official customer support representative working for Motorola has confirmed that the Moto X and Moto G will be updated to Android L. While Google is yet to release the final build of Android L, many OEMs were quick to confirm that they will bring the newest version of Android to their flagship handsets.

Phone feels a little bit faster. The settings page has been made consistent. Previously when we launched Network Settings page, it opened with a white background. Now everything is consistent.

Received the 167mb, KitKat 4.4.4 update for Moto G last night at around 11.pm. Downloaded via Wifi within 5 mins, superfast download. Took another 10 mins to complete the update installation.

Initial impressions:

1) Phone feels a bit faster & smoother.
2) Video capture now has pause button. Found this feature to be very useful !!!
3) Phone dialer application now have different background color.
4) Motorola Alert application can now be downloaded for Moto G (previously exclusive for moto e)

Last edited:
Updated last night. Download was completed in less than 20 minutes. Another 10 minutes for reboot and update.
4.4.4 definitely feels zippy.

Received the 167mb, KitKat 4.4.4 update for Moto G last night at around 11.pm. Downloaded via Wifi with 5 mins, superfast download. Took another 10 mins to complete the update installation.

Initial impressions:

1) Phone feels a bit faster & smoother.
2) Video capture now has pause button. Found this feature to be very useful !!!
3) Phone dialer application now have different background color.
4) Motorola Alert application can now be downloaded for Moto G (previously exclusive for moto e)
Did you download Motorola Alert manually from the Play Store?

It got installed automatically today for me when I connected the phone to wi-fi at home.

^^ Yeah. It got pushed to my device automatically.

BTW, noticed something new. The BSNL data connection constantly drops and reconnects when I am at home due to poor signals. Earlier, every time there was a drop, I would be getting the on screen balance remaining message separately for each disconnection. So, if I had to use the phone or attend a call, I had to click OK on several such messages, one after the other, which was a PITA. After the update, it is now different. All messages get appended one after the other, so you need to acknowledge OK only once. :)

^^ Yeah. It got pushed to my device automatically.

BTW, noticed something new. The BSNL data connection constantly drops and reconnects when I am at home due to poor signals. Earlier, every time there was a drop, I would be getting the on screen balance remaining message separately for each disconnection. So, if I had to use the phone or attend a call, I had to click OK on several such messages, one after the other, which was a PITA. After the update, it is now different. All messages get appended one after the other, so you need to acknowledge OK only once. :)
I saw this yesterday when I sent a long SMS(Yes, such people do exist even in the age of Whatsapp). The SMS charge notifications were appended and shown in a single notification. Till now I thought that maybe the service provider had changed the notification display.

^^ I'm not sure if it is the service provider who has made the change or the update. I'm giving the update the credit, because I noticed it only yesterday after the update. :p
Maybe someone can clarify.

Did you download Motorola Alert manually from the Play Store?

Yes.

Was so eager didn't bothered waiting for auto download. And updating to 4.4.4 the phone now feels so much more snappier and liquid smooth during operation. Worthy upgrade. And kudos to Motorola for the timely delivery.:)

Back