Moto G Turbo Edition coming to India this week

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
According to GSMArena the Moto G Turbo was launched in Mexico for an asking price of $283 which is approximately 18600rs.
Considering the Moto G 2015 is priced at 13000rs, Motorola/Lenovo need to come up with an appropriate price for the Moto G Turbo for India.

The Moto G Turbo is rumoured to come in:
5" 1080p
Qualcomm SD 615
2GB RAM
Android 5.1.1
16GB Internal Storage; Expandable
13MP Primary camera; 5MP Secondary camera
2470 mah Battery.

I'm not even excited lol. But I hope that it will be available for 13k and the standard Moto G 2015 2GB RAM to fall to 12k or lower.

^a fail pricing imo. As much as i like a full HD screen and higher chipset i'm not going to pay 2k more over the Moto G.

Its a 720p screen with ~294 ppi and not a 1080p :stop:
And your source is?
btw I said
Similarly, rumours also say that the processor will be an octa-core while others expect it to be a quad-core. got confused with the 410.
Let the media enjoy their heavy site traffic while it lasts, nothing has been confirmed so hold your horses.

Last edited:
And your source is?
btw I said

Similarly, rumours also say that the processor will be an octa-core while others expect it to be a quad-core.
Let the media enjoy their heavy site traffic while it lasts, nothing has been confirmed so hold your horses.

snapdragon 615 is a octacore processor and not a quadcore :facepalm:
The moto g turbo was ealier released in latin american states and it had a 720p and not a 1080p. If moto india were to dump the same phone in India its highly unlikely that they will change any of the specs.Everything will remain the same.

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_turbo_edition-7743.php[DOUBLEPOST=1449678625][/DOUBLEPOST]If the price is set around 16k - 16.5K the oneplus x is a better option here.The Snapdragon 801 is better than the Snapdragon 615

Last edited:
^ye edited, not sure what i was thinking when i wrote that. About the full specs including the display we'll only know after it gets released here.

It is announced and priced at ₹15,000 ($225). One part that would highlighted is it supports Turbo Charging (Fast Charging) and phone comes with Turbo Charger. Available from today on Flipkart.

If it was full HD screen , it might have been a better buy .
Now I guess , all who want to buy the moto g will end up buying the moto g turbo . Also the water proof rating may help selling the phone some more .

Now I guess , all who want to buy the moto g will end up buying the moto g turbo . Also the water proof rating may help selling the phone some more .

On the contrary, 720p resolution is good enough for 5" screen and it might help save a bit of battery as well.

Yes, at first i thought that it would be full HD display without any change in the battery size in order to help cut the cost. If this is 720p then I'd want a beefier battery. The SD615 octacore in it won't make any enthusiast even blink an eye. But case will be different for the average-end user who think "more cores=always better".
So imo the features which could've made the G Turbo more popular than it is now would be: retain same chipset and processor as the G3, retain 720p (1080p would be a plus) display, same memory 2GB RAM, remove the not-so-beneficial "water proof" feature, give better battery like 2600mah or 2700mah and quick battery charging technology. And then price it at 13-14k fixed. But will this be even possible lol? :D
Meanwhile lower the price of the G3 1GB RAM and G3 2GB RAM to 9k and 11k respectively. Because there is only 1k difference between the cost of the 1GB model and 2GB model people will go for the 2GB version and may even stop buying the 1GB model altogether. I mean people bought the original G2 1GB only because it was the only model then. I haven't come across anyone buying the G3 1GB till now. :S
Anyway its just a hypothesis from my side.

My MotoG 1st gen has become very slow. This ph is on my list. Was thinking about the Moto X Play. But this seems to be better value for money.
One Plus X software is very buggy as far as I have heard. Otherwise it had very good hardware(except for the battery). Anyone have any experience with the One Plus X?

My MotoG 1st gen has become very slow. This ph is on my list. Was thinking about the Moto X Play. But this seems to be better value for money.
One Plus X software is very buggy as far as I have heard. Otherwise it had very good hardware(except for the battery). Anyone have any experience with the One Plus X?
Well the Turbo doesn't have a major improvement over the G3. Between the two I would go for the latter.
Regarding the 1+X yes its still buggy and the Oxygen seem to still need a lot of improvement. Not sure if the good hardware can help it in the long run. Perhaps if there is any custom mod from the community then it might be worth purchasing. A stable CM would be great i guess. Krait+CM+15k=Awesome.

Well the Turbo doesn't have a major improvement over the G3. Between the two I would go for the latter.
Regarding the 1+X yes its still buggy and the Oxygen seem to still need a lot of improvement. Not sure if the good hardware can help it in the long run. Perhaps if there is any custom mod from the community then it might be worth purchasing. A stable CM would be great i guess. Krait+CM+15k=Awesome.
As far as I know, SD615 is better than SD410. But I have not seen actual benchmarks of the MotoG Turbo till now. This is the only reason that I would consider the MotoG Turbo.

I saw in some news story that people are building an official CM for One Plus X. It is present in the GitHub page of one of the developers. But even CM is buggy compared to the OS provided by Motorola.

As far as I know, SD615 is better than SD410. But I have not seen actual benchmarks of the MotoG Turbo till now. This is the only reason that I would consider the MotoG Turbo.

I saw in some news story that people are building an official CM for One Plus X. It is present in the GitHub page of one of the developers. But even CM is buggy compared to the OS provided by Motorola.
Why don't you get the last gen Moto X ? Its 2k more but the 801+330 combo is much better than 615+405. Its also more compact while the display is much better.

Back