Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of the newly released XOLO Q1100 almost similar in specifications and price to MOTO G? Indiatimes shopping has a 16% discount offer valid only for today (18th FEB 2014 )
http://shopping.indiatimes.com/mobiles/xolo/xolo-q1100-black-/41839/p_B2565983
Advantage MOTO G: Corning Gorilla glass 3, Upgradable to KitKat,
Advantage XOLO Q1100:Expandable memory, 8MP camera with BSI2 Sensor, 5' HD screen(one glass solution?)
http://www.xolo.in/q1100#
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6042&idPhone2=5831

Lot of advantage to Moto G than Q1100

1) Future upgradability
2) Lot of custom roms (still in incipient stage, but soon will catch up)
3) More PPI
4) Accessories support (scratch guard, flip case, back case and what not)
5) Battery life and a few more

If i were in your situation, i would still prefer Moto g. Rest is upto you buddy
All the best for your purchase :)

Ordered two Moto G Boost from Amazon.com on 17th Feb. I needed one but ordered two, to avail free shipping. Amazon shipped it same day.

Cost approx 7100 each.

Could have got for around 6.9k from GEB after 7% discount but didn't want to order it from them after experiencing the mismanagement and order cancellation of LG E970.

This is to be used on reliance CDMA. :)

Lot of advantage to Moto G than Q1100

1) Future upgradability
2) Lot of custom roms (still in incipient stage, but soon will catch up)
3) More PPI
4) Accessories support (scratch guard, flip case, back case and what not)
5) Battery life and a few more

If i were in your situation, i would still prefer Moto g. Rest is upto you buddy
All the best for your purchase :)
Good points, Actually I alreay got a Moto G, if you see my previous post in this very thread and it feels like a premium quality product. My doubts about XOLO are about its build quality, durability and reliability. Indiatimes shopping is offering it at Rs.12641 so is it worth at this price? If you add a screen guard/flip cover which looks like a must for XOLO the total cost might add up to almost the cost of MOTO G.

Same here,mine still shows only processing :(
I booked on 15th via COD,do they take more time if ordered via COD?

Ordered two Moto G Boost from Amazon.com on 17th Feb. I needed one but ordered two, to avail free shipping. Amazon shipped it same day.

Cost approx 7100 each.

Could have got for around 6.9k from GEB after 7% discount but didn't want to order it from them after experiencing the mismanagement and order cancellation of LG E970.

Please keep us updated , I was under the impression they cannot be reprogrammed

Cost approx 7100 each.

Are you sure that this can programmed for Reliance? Many folks on Desidime mentioned it cannot done hence most of deal threads were locked down or trashed.

Are you sure that this can programmed for Reliance? Many folks on Desidime mentioned it cannot done hence most of deal threads were locked down or trashed.

Yes, it can be done. I am not sure if posting other forum's link allowed on TE or not, so please Google.

Edit: Replied your PM.

Ever since i upgraded to kitkat, my battery life has gone down considerably. I used to get 5 and a half hrs SOT easily on jelly bean with heavy usage- streaming videos , downloading apps, voice calls etc.
Now, its a pitiful 4 to 4 1/2 hrs with the same usage pattern . i kinda wish i hadn't updated at all. i see a majority of people are dissatisfied with the upgrade across the board , so its not just me.

would be it be a good idea to flash the stock firmware or will it be fixed in future updates

Ever since i upgraded to kitkat, my battery life has gone down considerably. I used to get 5 and a half hrs SOT easily on jelly bean with heavy usage- streaming videos , downloading apps, voice calls etc.
Now, its a pitiful 4 to 4 1/2 hrs with the same usage pattern . i kinda wish i hadn't updated at all. i see a majority of people are dissatisfied with the upgrade across the board , so its not just me.

would be it be a good idea to flash the stock firmware or will it be fixed in future updates
What is the additional functionality and advantage in having a Kit Kat over some jelly beans ?

The battery life of my phone has improved after the update. Its gone up from about 18-24hours (with 4-4.5 hours SOT + 2 hrs TT) to 48-56 hours (with 5.5-6 hrs SOT + 2hrs TT.)
Wifi always on, 8 email accounts, twitter, FB, auto back-up, and a few photos, both sims active.

KitKat didn't add a lot, but it did give us a better keyboard, better camera quality (IMO), and a much improved dialler.
And we've got the full screen immersive mode. Great for reading the ebooks I got from flipkart with their Rs.500 off offer.

Try booting into recovery and clearing the caches, and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back