Monitor suggestion - Ultrawide

Fenix

Radhey Krishan
Skilled
So the LG950 is a 4K Monitor and is a monster but comes with just 1 Year warranty for 60K. So have dropped the idea and thinking of going either 21:9 i.e 3440x1440 or 31:10 i.e 3800x1200. Any suggestions between these two, mind you guys, I have researched a hell lot on rtings,reddit, youtube or online where-ever I could.

1. Alienware AW3420DW - INR 1.18 Lakhs / 34inch GSYNC+FREESYNC with 120 Hertz
2. Lenovo Legion Y44w-10 - INR 1L. / 43.4inch - VA PANEL with 144 Hertz / FREESYNC2 but GSYNC works here too.

If I were you, I'd definitely go with the Alienware because of it's IPS panel.

VA panels are an extreme hit or miss. It's like a panel lottery and I hate going through the hoops & loops of replacements for different gradients of backlight bleed. IPS all the day!

You can also look at the Samsung Odyssey G9 49-inch.

So the LG950 is a 4K Monitor and is a monster but comes with just 1 Year warranty for 60K. So have dropped the idea and thinking of going either 21:9 i.e 3440x1440 or 31:10 i.e 3800x1200. Any suggestions between these two, mind you guys, I have researched a hell lot on rtings,reddit, youtube or online where-ever I could.

1. Alienware AW3420DW - INR 1.18 Lakhs / 34inch GSYNC+FREESYNC with 120 Hertz
2. Lenovo Legion Y44w-10 - INR 1L. / 43.4inch - VA PANEL with 144 Hertz / FREESYNC2 but GSYNC works here too.
so you are ready to spend above 1L ? why not considering the LG 48" CX OLED 4K ?

If you are spending so much, don't go for va or tn panels.....IPS panel any time.
I'm not a newbie. Been using a Dell 2407-HC since 2007. Still works and is a Samsung VA Panel. I know the difference between IPS and TN and VA. Have a IPS panel from Office and the glow around corners does get bothersome.
If you are spending so much, don't go for va or tn panels.....IPS panel any time.
Did you check the monitors I mentioned or just read the VA and IPS panels only.

If you don't game IPS is best buy still it is not perfect just like anything else. I banged my head so much to pick one .. could not decide so sticking with current 24" lol. Good luck.

If you don't game IPS is best buy still it is not perfect just like anything else. I banged my head so much to pick one .. could not decide so sticking with current 24" lol. Good luck.
So I have an IPS panel, it's also and an Ultrasharp from Dell. The colors are good but whenever I am around dark areas somehow my eyes will wander towards the corners and the glow is really annoying. VA will give me best of both the world's. But then the 43 inch is a 32:10 aspect ratio while the Alienware ie a 21:9 and not all games support it. But yeah, from a Productivity standpoint, I'll get a good real estate. Or if nothing comes to mind, I'll buy the Lg850 and use three different monitors. I really want a single monitor to save me from the clutter on the Desktop I have right now. Would have gone for G9 but it is out of Budget.

I recently purchased LG GN950 @ 60k. Being a PC gamer and hobbyist photographer, I don't felt the need for HDMI 2.1 as this monitor supports 144hz @ 4K/2k through Display Port. The display is amazing except that black would look greyish, as is the case with all IPS panels and I am happy that this monitor does well at content creation which is why I leaned towards it for gaming + content.

I recently purchased LG GN950 @ 60k. Being a PC gamer and hobbyist photographer, I don't felt the need for HDMI 2.1 as this monitor supports 144hz @ 4K/2k through Display Port. The display is amazing except that black would look greyish, as is the case with all IPS panels and I am happy that this monitor does well at content creation which is why I leaned towards it for gaming + content.
But Bro, 1 Year warranty is the only downer for me. I have checked a lot of reviews for Lenovo 43 inch and they all look promising. I know the PPI will be 91 (Not Great). Alienware is I think having 110 PPI and your Monitor is sitting at 130PPI.

Back