Monitors Monitor in a week

shanx

Disciple
Hey guys i want to get a new 22" FHD monitor for coding and productivity purposes.
I have considered the following :
1) BenQ GW2255 @ Rs 7700 locally
2)Dell S2240L @ 8700 locally

I have a preference for matte screen finish cause I work for long hours. Also this monitor will be used as the primary screen for my laptop when I am working at home. (occassional gaming too like Borderlands 2. GT635M to drive the FHD monitor)

Please let me know from personal experience about these monitors and also if there are any other options I can consider. MD computers was pushing the S2240L. The bezel is nice and thin but the screen is sooooooooo glossy and reflective.

But what do i do with the glossy surface?? Anyway to add an antiglare or matte screenguard thing?
I know the picture quality is supersharp but using a glossy screen for hours at a stretch for gaming or productivity is a headache!

Get the Benq itself. Seen a couple of people here who have it and are happy with it. Its an MVA panel, so should be decent. The S2240L is good, but if the glossy screen doesn't work for you, dont bother adding any after market matte layers.

just did some reading about the BenQ GW2255 and a lot of people are saying it has some weird colour issues where blues are purple and reds are maroonish. Is this true? Also is an IPS panel better than a VA panel?

178 deg is the Max. How can IPS have 180 degree viewing. Imo, only TN panel has bad viewing angles. The rest of them like -VA or IPS have 178deg viewing angles.

just did some reading about the BenQ GW2255 and a lot of people are saying it has some weird colour issues where blues are purple and reds are maroonish. Is this true? Also is an IPS panel better than a VA panel?
Link to review? Its a bit of give and take between the two. IPS panels have better viewing angles, VA panels have better contrast/darker blacks. Both are much better than TN panels though.

If you're keen on IPS, AOC has a couple of IPS panel monitors. There's also the HP 20fi.

Last edited:
The HP 20fi is about 9k. AOC had an i2251 for 8k, but it looks like its no longer available.
Both are e-IPS panels, i.e. 6-bit + FRC

Ok so i checked out the BenQ and Dell side by side and the Dell just blew the BenQ away! When placed under proper lighting the Dell has little reflection which I can live with. The colour reproduction is nice and vivid not too cold or warm, looks kinda natural. Also the BenQ had a weird colouration when i was looking at it from a top down view( The same thing that my samsung B2033 suffers from). I think i can make my peace with the dell specially cause it has HDMI and is so freaking awesome. The BenQ monitor only has dvi and vga and personally i think i would prefer an HDMI to HDMI connection without any converter.

The HP 20fi is a 20 inch 1600x900 resolution monitor so its not for me. I need a little more workspace. I know the the 1440p monitors are better suited but right now they are out of my budget and I dont think i want to stress my laptop so much.

Just got the dell s2240L! Picture quality is just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!
Very happy with it! Thanks a ton all for your input and help :D

Back