Modern Warfare 2 Will Not Have Dedicated Servers

do you think IW will do anything about it i mean they cant ignore this on the whole they have to do something btw BF2:BC Wll have dedicated server :D

ubergeek said:
do you think IW will do anything about it i mean they cant ignore this on the whole they have to do something btw BF2:BC Wll have dedicated server :D

of course they can ignore it. they probably will too... remember, it's only the pc gamers who are pissed. the console versions will still sell 10 million copies. no matter what they do, the pc version will be pirated more than it has sales. you can understand that they really won't care that much when their real revenues are from consoles and people steal the game on the pc.

having said that, this whole issue has become pretty huge around the net. forums all over the web are exploding.. the petition is becoming huge. this is an almost live counter of the petition (updates every minute or so)

petition.png

people have started trashing the game reviews on sites like amazon. the amazon sales rank for the pc game has dropped from 9th to 80+ in 2 days. lots of people reporting cancelled pre-orders. it's kind of amusing to see really.

i was going to buy the game only for multiplayer as i have absolutely no interest in the scripted single player crap. now i guess i won't be getting it either.

well apart from the sales point of view dont they have any kinda emotional commitment to the pc platform i mean you dont bit the hand that FED you :p

ubergeek said:
well apart from the sales point of view dont they have any kinda emotional commitment to the pc platform i mean you dont bit the hand that FED you :p

emotions have no place in a business.

besides, if we talk about emotions... how do you think they felt when they saw 4 million pc gamers playing multiplayer and only 1 million had actually bought the game? pretty sure those emotions would override whatever loyalty they were supposed to have from 10 years ago.

having said that, this whole issue has become pretty huge around the net. forums all over the web are exploding.. the petition is becoming huge. this is an almost live counter of the petition (updates every minute or so)

Hmm a lot of that credit would goto slashdot, always wondered how a single website is able to have an adjective for itself :)

Aces170 said:
Hmm a lot of that credit would goto slashdot, always wondered how a single website is able to have an adjective for itself :)

actually, in this particular case, the slashdot effect didn't happen until very late. the story was posted on slashdot today, when the petition numbers were 80k+ i would guess. the speed at which it shot up from 80k-100k was of course increased by slashdot, but their contribution isn't a major one so far.

Back