Modem can send data but can't receive data - pls help

I have MTNL Broadband at home. My PC is not connecting to internet. I checked all the settings and also reinstalled all the drivers and also called the MTNL engineer who tried to repair the problem but as per him the modem is working fine but the PC is not able to receive broadband signals but it is able to send signals. As he showed me here:[/U]

Please help ....

I removed the Comodo firewall, But still the problem persists.

I also tried several times by disabling and enabling the internet but it also did'nt worked. But it showed a strange thing, when I enable the internet, it shows "cable unplugged" and then after few seconds it shows "unknown network" as given under:

connecting through ppoe or bridge? have you set up static ip address and put correct subnet mask & default gateway in adapter settings (under ipv4)?

in the first post, the image clearly shows no internet access under ipv4 and ipv6. it means modem is not configured properly or comp is not configured properly.

1st image shows internet connected, since you get mtnl dns servers in it (starting with 202.etc).
2nd image is what happens when internet is disconnected, and is default random ip address given by windows to itself. so i think you're using dial up method to connect to net. what i can see is that you have not set any dns servers in your system and this is why you are not getting to browse net properly. add google dns servers in ipv4 properties
primary - 8.8.8.8
secondary - 8.8.4.4
mtnl dns servers may not work always and you will not be able to load pages properly.

Hi,

Firstly, for how long have you faced this problem ? What steps have you taken to solve it ? You mentioned the MTNL engineer visited, what did he do ? Can you ping 192.168.1.1 ? if yes, please post a screen shot. Can you ping www.yahoo.com ? if yes, post a screen shot. What are your current dns servers set to ? Please try pinging the dns servers that you might have specified. If i read above correctly, the MTNL guy says that router is working fine, then which led do u see lighted on the modem and which modem/router do you have.

Please provide an answer too all these for better help experience.

Back