CPU/Mobo MOBO Sugesstion !!! Very Urgent

nadim_90210

Disciple
Hi guys, i am planning to replace my current mother board due to over heating problem. I am considering to buy Either MSI P45 Zilent or the P5Q-E. The price range i am looking for is max 11k. I have the E8500 proc, I am into OC, Please suggest as what shall i buy.

P45 is the way to go. however if i were you i'd not rush into things while spending a sum like that n wait for some expert opinion.

^^it conerns with the chip, mosfets, transistors, any component tht emits heat more than the normally desirable limits....

I had p5q Pro with E8400, when OC the temps were really high (Core 1 -56, Core 2 - 57) all the test were failing due to this, So I ended up changing the processor & got a E8500. But sadly there was no change in the temp. Also changed the Cooler but still the same prob.

Finally decided to change the MOBO.

Besides OC issue's, there are certain issue as the system goes really slow at times without even running any kind of application & this happened with both the proc E8400 & E8500. So changing my MOBO is the last resort, if the issue isn’t solved will literally throw the pc out of the window

Don't make an hasty decision :) The cpu might be overheating due to improperly seated hsf, or dried up thermal paste,excessive voltage, or some other reason.
The system slow might be due to an unstable OC, or some problem with windows, or a highly fragmented hdd, etc.

Post your complete rig specs, and OC settings. Maybe someone here could guide you. :)

Here are the specs

Mobo: Asus p5q pro

Proc: Intel E8500

Ram : OCZ reaper 4 G.b (2x2)

Gfx : HD4850 512 DDR 3

SMPS: Cooler Master 600W

HDD : 500 x 3 & 250 x 1

Cabinet: Chieftech

Cooler: Zalman 9700 Led

External Fans: 120 x 2 & 90 x 2

Samsung DVD writer.

OS: Windows Vista 64 bit ( Formatted at least 2/3 times)

OS is installed in the WD 500Gb hdd & Has just 2 partition.The partition on the OS is just meant for that & have not installed much on that.

After the Heating Issue's , I haven't over clocked at all. So its running at default speed of 3.16ghz.

Have Installed the cooler various time & each time applied the thermal paste.

Please suggest shall i buy the MOBO as i have tested everything else & i am quite dissapointed with the performance, my earlier spec E6600 with P5b Deluxe was better & Faster then this.

what software are you using to check for temperatures?

and how do you know that its the mobo which is overheating? the P5Q Pro as such is considered to be a REALLY good board and has quiet a few users here on TE.

reality check: have you removed the backplate if there was one on your chieftech? I read that the backplates have taken a few casualties along.

No probs with the cabinet, Using it for more then a year n half, tough its time to change, i dont think it can be the cabbie.

Shall i buy the new Mobo & Waste more money or stick with the present thing which sucks totally?

nadim_90210 said:
I had p5q Pro with E8400, when OC the temps were really high (Core 1 -56, Core 2 - 57) all the test were failing due to this, So I ended up changing the processor & got a E8500. But sadly there was no change in the temp. Also changed the Cooler but still the same prob.
Finally decided to change the MOBO.
Besides OC issue's, there are certain issue as the system goes really slow at times without even running any kind of application & this happened with both the proc E8400 & E8500. So changing my MOBO is the last resort, if the issue isn’t solved will literally throw the pc out of the window
I hope you know the right things when you are "overclocking".
Overclocking is not recommended on stock coolers.
What psu do you use?
The temps reported are not so high considering the stock cooler is being used.
A bad overclock/BIOS settings seems to be more like it in your case.
You need to post the specs of your entire rig.
Mobo, cpu, psu, HDDs, cooler, etc etc
the case/cabinet+fans used.
Post screenshots with cpuZ and core temp, real temp.
It maybe that you are trying to OC at auto settings with improper mem dividers, timings, ...
It is possible your setup is not loaded with the right default settings when setup initially.
I have heard not enabling AHCI and not disabling EIST can make intel rigs very slow to respond initially or in between tasks of varying loads.
Also selecting settings/options in BIOS manually to their default values instead of "AUTO" helps speed up things to optimum at times.
I sincerely hope you resolve/recognise the correct issue and act suitably than end up with a new mobo but no relief from your woes. :cool2:

well, my friend does have a Q6600+p5q pro

it runs hot i agree but no issues

the chipset runs at around 48-50 deg. at stock and 55 while overclocked.... quite high but not troublesome

Back