Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 - Discussion thread

jc36lect3r said:
Hopefully Bioware releases an Ultimate Edition for ME2, like they have for Dragon Age, containing all the DLC's. But then I would have to buy it again :(
There is one Collectors Edition. Not sure what it contains & whether its available here.

Desecrator said:
Completed 2 missions and a few side-missions yesterday. :D

Mordin Solus and Garrus is onboard! Damn, I was so pleasantly surprised to know that Archangel was Garrus. Like a small kid who has got his long-lost toy from the stash back, I was jumping in joy. :p

I think I am done with Omega now. Completed few side missions given by Aria. Should head to better places now.

Yea even I was pleasantly surprised.
I played most part of ME1 with Garrus and Liara T'soni so I wanted them in ME2 too. Garrus remains my favorite character in ME universe and I would like Garrus as my partner in ME 3 too. He is alive for me. I choose him as a leader for both missions in final battle and he never let me down

Desecrator said:
Completed 2 missions and a few side-missions yesterday. :D

Mordin Solus and Garrus is onboard! Damn, I was so pleasantly surprised to know that Archangel was Garrus. Like a small kid who has got his long-lost toy from the stash back, I was jumping in joy. :p

I think I am done with Omega now. Completed few side missions given by Aria. Should head to better places now.
Same here...
I had a feeling that it would be Garrus and when i found out it was him... ....
I was like :! :yahoo::jumpy:

Haha guess what. I bunked the office today by 3:30 since the boss had been to Bombay. Came home, took a quick nap and resumed playing. :D

Scanned a lot of planets and this method is pretty awesome rather than what used to happen in ME 1. Just click on a planet and BAAM, recover the artifact, insignia or element. But this one is kick ass! Loving the change.

Got the convict back and boy, this lady seems to be very harsh and arrogant! :O I don't like the way she is interacting with others. And yeah been flirting a lot with my PA and seems like very soon, I'd be calling her to the captain's room for some personal interaction! :eek:hyeah:

There is a reason why she acts like that.

Jack has a sad history. I think she is the only character who has both a renegade and paragon paths to romance. You can either end up having on the spur of the moment passionate sex with her very early in the game after which she wouldn't talk to you anymore or alternatively take the paragon path and treat her nice in which case she would slowly open up her story and end up in tears by the time you bed her :p

Lord Nemesis said:
There is a reason why she acts like that.

Jack has a sad history. I think she is the only character who has both a renegade and paragon paths to romance. You can either end up having on the spur of the moment passionate sex with her very early in the game after which she wouldn't talk to you anymore or alternatively take the paragon path and treat her nice in which case she would slowly open up her story and end up in tears by the time you bed her :p
hey...i have a question about jack.
Is there any way to make her start talking to you after she gets pissed...because I can see that some of the conversation options are darkened out on the left side.How to enable those?

Yay! I met my old love sometime back. But she refused to come along. :(

Nvm I think Miranda and my PA is much better than her. :p

Just unlocked Grunt from his casing. New dossiers to be unlocked. This game just keeps getting better and better.

:D

nuke'em said:
hey...i have a question about jack.

Is there any way to make her start talking to you after she gets pissed...because I can see that some of the conversation options are darkened out on the left side.How to enable those?

You need to max out your Paragon meter. Unlike the first game, we don't have the charm ability in this one.

Desecrator said:
Haha guess what. I bunked the office today by 3:30 since the boss had been to Bombay. Came home, took a quick nap and resumed playing. :D

Scanned a lot of planets and this method is pretty awesome rather than what used to happen in ME 1. Just click on a planet and BAAM, recover the artifact, insignia or element. But this one is kick ass! Loving the change.

Got the convict back and boy, this lady seems to be very harsh and arrogant! :O I don't like the way she is interacting with others. And yeah been flirting a lot with my PA and seems like very soon, I'd be calling her to the captain's room for some personal interaction! :eek:hyeah:
Does your boss ever come to office? :p I remember you mentioning about his frequent travels. :p

All ship upgrades and loyalty missions are necessary to get the final good ending, otherwise someone must die...its that simple. I did all of them as I wanted to do all missions! Except Kelly died since I took my own time to after the collectors...or was it harbringers...damn I forget!

Guys if u want to see different ending without playing the game...here it is...

Mass Effect 2 Ending (Shepard dies) Part 1
YouTube - Mass Effect 2 Ending (Shepard dies) Part 1

Mass Effect 2 Bad Ending: Everyone dies
YouTube - Mass Effect 2 Bad Ending: Everyone dies

Mass Effect 2 ending (Paragon Everyone lives)
YouTube - Mass Effect 2 ending (Paragon Everyone lives)

Mass Effect 2 - Ultimate Renegade Ending - Full HD
YouTube - Mass Effect 2 - Ultimate Renegade Ending - Full HD

Been collecting minerals like mad. Pt has touched 200k mark already. Seems like Element Zero is available in limited quantity.

abhaybhegde said:
Does your boss ever come to office? :p I remember you mentioning about his frequent travels. :p
LOL he does. :ashamed:

He had been to the Bombay Powai office to address few issues. :p

The game could have had more RPG elements. It felt more like a TPS to me. Apart from choices, I couldn't bring myself to replay the game again, as gameplay feels same for most of the character classes.
Wishing the 3rd game will be having better RPG elements and loot system.

Jason Bourne said:
Nope there is no way... But Miranda is open minded. :bleh I guess you understand what i mean..

I don't think so, I sided with Jack during their argument. Afterwards she never talked with me. I had to max out my paragon points to be reason with her.

hellrider said:
I don't think so, I sided with Jack during their argument. Afterwards she never talked with me. I had to max out my paragon points to be reason with her.
Yep. I guess a lot of coversation options depend on your Paragon points.
I sided with Miranda in the arguement and got the boot from Jack towards the end. My paragon meter was "almost" full and yet the option to gain her loyalty was greyed out in my coversation list.

Recruited Thane and Samara from the Illium. Completed the loyalty mission for Miranda and all the side missions at Illium. :D

Back