Mass Effect 2 : Anti aliasing Problem

hey any one getting AA in Mass effect 2,,,i tried forcing it through the Catalyst control panel but cant c any difference in Image quality....all jagged edges..horribly looking:mad:
The hotfix released for 10.2 is i guess only for Crossfire setups....
I have got only 1 4850 he he he...what to do?

I was in the same boat as well. I was not getting the AA options in this game under Win XP with my HD4850 CF even though I tried Catalyst 10.1 Hotfix as well as 10.2. In the end, I worked around the problem by renaming the Mass Effect 2 exe to UT3.exe and forced the AA from the Catalyst Control Panel. This works because Mass Effect 2 uses UT3 Engine and Catalyst supports forced AA for UT3 and detects the same by its name. Forcing AA will not work directly with the Mass Effect 2 exe will they add support for the game in their profiles.

The game looks amazing with 4x Edge detect AA, but slows down the game too much. 4x Box AA is working out fine for me.

I m using ATI Catalystâ„¢ 10.2 Suite for Windows 7 (64 bit) but i have not applied the hot fix which is for fixing the AA Implementation in the ATI crossfire setups....

@spindoctor...Has ur friend applied the hotfix along with 10.2 though he has only a single 4870..

@lord Nemesis : I noticed one thing that wen i m using the edge detect rather than the box sampling the FPS falls for me in the game but the output is full of Jagged Edges....

I thought as the FPS is falling,the AA is there but wen i saw the edges it looks all jagged....

I will surely try the Renaming of the .exe to c if it helps or not?

One more thing is that the game crashes and freezes a lot? Any solution for that?

^^ The hot fix is for catalyst 10.1, not 10.2. meaning to say the hot fix is an older version than 10.2. 10.2 is supposed to have the support directly.

As for the alternative of forcing AA from Catalyst CC, you do need to rename the exe to get it working.

As for stability, the game has been running flawlessly for me. Not a single crash till now. Are you using the legit version? Non legit may have crashes.

A slightly OT query, but has anyone experienced increased load times in this game post applying Catalyst 10.2 hotfix?

It seems to take forever even after using the elevator in Normandy. This didn't happen with 9.12.

^^ Didn't notice anything like that when I was on 10.2. Anyway, I went back to 10.1 hot fix and there is almost negligible loading times when using the elevator in Normandy.

@Ethan_Hunt

Is this the link your talking about....

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...Crossfire.aspx
By the way how many hotfixes released for 10.2....I think one more was released according to guru3d to fix the crashing in the aliens and predators game,,,So i think a total of 2 hot fixes are released i guess,,,,Correct me if I m wrong?

I did try the renaming the exe to UT3.exe and forcing the AA from ATI CCC but of no use....:mad:

I m seeing all jaggies in the shadows casted by shephard and miranda....

Can any one confirm that they r not getting this jagged shadows after renaming the exe plz??

sujithbvm said:
@Ethan_Hunt

Is this the link your talking about....

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...Crossfire.aspx

By the way how many hotfixes released for 10.2....I think one more was released according to guru3d to fix the crashing in the aliens and predators game,,,So i think a total of 2 hot fixes are released i guess,,,,Correct me if I m wrong?
The link doesn't work. Anyway, it's the AVP hotfix that I had applied and yes it is Catalyst 10.2.

@ Lord Nemisis

Yes i have renamed the Mass effect exe to UT3 exe,,,,,and not the launcher...

i guess so the problem is solved now,,

Earlier i was considering the shadows and i was seeing only the jagged images but later when i realized that shadows r not subjected to AA, i concentrated on the character itself and noticed that the the edges r smooth,,,,,

Thanks a lot everyone for helping me out...............!!!!:hap2:

Back