MAFIA II ~Discussion Thread~

ironman

Disciple
Mar 30, 2009
Re: Mafia II

i personally feel we should not compare GTA & Mafia cause of Sandbox genre,

both games are great in their own way....

shroff87

Disciple
May 11, 2009

Disliking a particular game doesn't make one a bad gamer or whatever! Ridiculous! How many people still honestly play GTA4? MP supposedly sucks (according to gtaforums) and carjacking and evading cops repeatedly can get boring soon.

teracore

Disciple
Apr 14, 2008

Offtopic:

GTA Vice City was the best GTA ever. I am kinda pissed by GTA IV. First it requires a monster PC then MP sucks. You get shit errors all the time when you play MP. Though the single player was very good but I disliked the ending. Overall I will give GTA IV 8.5/10 only because of gameplay. Storywise, it is kinda weak. :p

On topic:

I played Mafia two years back but left it in the halfway. Will play it again If I get time. :p

Apr 14, 2009
himanshuaieee.blogspot.com

Again It seems that they are postponing the date Giving the Reason that....

They Want to Make sure the game catches up AAA Rating.....
And that they want to standarise the game more.....

Sad......I am really been Waiting A long time...

Aab Intezr Nahin Hota/////,...........

Apr 14, 2009

Lord Nemesis said:
That's your opinion of GTA4, it does not mean everyone else needs to have the same opinion. GTA4 is decent, but its too slow paced, lackluster graphics even on the PC version and most importantly the fun factor was a lot lacking. Personally I have a legit copies of GTA4 for both PS3 and PC and I found it a bit boring to play. I am still playing it when I have nothing else to play. Frankly speaking, I had a lot more fun with more fast paced games like God Father 2, Saints Row 2, Assassins Creed, Scarface, Just Cause and a lot others though they had a lot of repetitive game play. There are a lot many people who did not really like GTA4 that much. It may be 9/10 material, but definitely not the 10/10 material as many reviews claimed.

So what if he hasn't played Mafia? Is playing Mafia a qualification to be a gamer? I have played Mafia and though its good, its definitely not the pinnacle of gaming. It had a great storyline and game play, but I found the controls unwieldy with both the keyboard as well as a game pad and just to add, it was a resource hog. I am looking forward to Mafia 2 and hope that it would fix the control issues that plaque the first.

You sir, need an attitude adjustment. Just because someone says that he did not play Mafia and did not like GTA4 does not mean that he is not a gamer or posting for the heck of it and you definitely do not need to make a rude post.

Oho..... Come on...... Now how you Stndarise a game...... Come on dude....

GTA 4 got a full 10 on Gamespot..... And you have to Agree on this that.... There at Gamespot there are much much more experinced and well knowledged peoples sitting and writing... Than what we are....

Morever I played the PC Version of the Game....And My Rig was good enough to play it well on full settings...... AND then if you are a gamer you have to keep your Rig updated as much as you can... Thats the first most neeed....

K the Amongst the Games you mentioned Assasin`s Creed was really a very good game..... I really loved it and am waiting for its second part coming in few months.....

However about Godfather 2.....Its a complete flop and bakwas game.... And the same is its second part......

It just got some 7 on Gamespot....So you can understand.....And for Godfather 1... I myself played it ..... It was really a childish game..... The controls and thr Gameplay was not Mature enough....

Abot Mafia.......

Lemme you tell one thing.... Definetly is the Pinnacle of Games....got 9.5 then...... Matched Max Paynes Rating on Gamespot....

Was a real mature game...And Ultimate Storyline Indeed....

For me..... I have played all Max Payne 1,2.......Duke Nukem... Half Life 1,2/.... Doom 3...... and Really many more.......

But still no game I find till date so Grasping you in its story.....than Mafia

Ultimate Gameplay.... Very Easy Learning Curves..... No Crashes at all....Very Stable

Ultimate Graphic Considering Its time and the System Architecture that was available then

Car race was a problem...But later A patch Came...to fix it...

No cheats were released for it long after the Game was released

Still If you think it was not a pinnacle of Game tell me One Game..that is ....

The You referr One Name...... That is And We can ask the people...

Though you have to considere the time factor....And that when it was popular...... And dont take up Max Payne, Half Life as your option...

S@ndeep

Disciple
Sep 13, 2007

OT: Eastman colored fonts!!! :huh: :ashamed: :no:

Mafia was awesome game. Loved it. Actually, i feel like playing it again. Gonna install it asap. :haha:

Apr 14, 2009

Actually, i feel like playing it again. Gonna install it asap

Best of luck.... Got same replies out on this Thread from many other users here,.....

Feels great in Promoting Such Great game ..... Back once again after So much time....

I myself completed it full 5 times.......... God game...

nitant

Adept
Mar 9, 2009

GTA4 was ok. I will also give it 8.5. No Planes, no parachutes, no countryside, no army vehicles, no jumpjet. No fun. Plus story line was decent.

Seriously I prefer games with a story like Beyond Good and Evil, Dreamfall, Indigo Prophecy.

My favorite GTA was San Andreas. You could just drive for miles and miles. Plus I loved the jumpjet and parachute system.

Anyway no need to flame me. If you are a GTA4 Fanboy so be it. This is my personal opinion and I doubt anyone else can change it by justifying.

sato1986

Skilled
Sep 4, 2008
Chandigarh

Lord Nemesis said:
That's your opinion of GTA4, it does not mean everyone else needs to have the same opinion. GTA4 is decent, but its too slow paced, lackluster graphics even on the PC version and most importantly the fun factor was a lot lacking. Personally I have a legit copies of GTA4 for both PS3 and PC and I found it a bit boring to play. I am still playing it when I have nothing else to play. Frankly speaking, I had a lot more fun with more fast paced games like God Father 2, Saints Row 2, Assassins Creed, Scarface, Just Cause and a lot others though they had a lot of repetitive game play. There are a lot many people who did not really like GTA4 that much. It may be 9/10 material, but definitely not the 10/10 material as many reviews claimed.

So what if he hasn't played Mafia? Is playing Mafia a qualification to be a gamer? I have played Mafia and though its good, its definitely not the pinnacle of gaming. It had a great storyline and game play, but I found the controls unwieldy with both the keyboard as well as a game pad and just to add, it was a resource hog. I am looking forward to Mafia 2 and hope that it would fix the control issues that plaque the first.

You sir, need an attitude adjustment. Just because someone says that he did not play Mafia and did not like GTA4 does not mean that he is not a gamer or posting for the heck of it and you definitely do not need to make a rude post.

^^Agree.. But u need to know, it wasnt a resource hog man.... Jst look at the graphics (as compared to other games which released that year). they were awesome: Facial hair, Gun-shot flashes, lighiting - jst amazing. And guess what, it used to run on medium settings 800x600 32bit (True color) on my AMD 2800+ system which had a basic 64mb onboard SiS graphics and just a mere 256mb of RAM!! :clap: bravo for such an efficient game-engine.

For me too, it was a pinnacle :) a game worth remembering :)

roxster

Disciple
Jun 4, 2009

This game made me gain interest in gaming industry...But...The other games failed to come anywhare near this game...Truly AWESOME game...

I am waiting for its release to upgrade my system...Or else I want to buy atleast PS2(I know it's outdated..but I am a casual gamer who does not want to spend much on PS3/XBOX 360)...

Which one do you suggest...?? To get a PS2...First of all whether it'll released for PS2 or not...

Or else shall I get one gfx card to play this game smoothly... I wanna play Max payne 3 too.. :)

sahilm

Disciple
Apr 15, 2008

himanshuaieee said:
Oho..... Come on...... Now how you Stndarise a game...... Come on dude....
GTA 4 got a full 10 on Gamespot..... And you have to Agree on this that.... There at Gamespot there are much much more experinced and well knowledged peoples sitting and writing... Than what we are....

Morever I played the PC Version of the Game....And My Rig was good enough to play it well on full settings...... AND then if you are a gamer you have to keep your Rig updated as much as you can... Thats the first most neeed....

Gamespot gets paid to give out reviews. Experiencing a game doesn't need knowledge, skills and degrees. Lord Nemesis doesn't like Mafia, live with it.

P.S:- Please drop the wierd way of phrasing your posts. It becomes very difficult to read.

Seeder666

Disciple
Jun 9, 2008
Chennai

Mafia 1 was cool but the Graphic quality looked poor but this time they have optimized every thing and also the graphics looks extremely good hope it has a good gameplay :p

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006

Mafia 2 has now been delayed till May 2010 according to release dates at gamepressure.

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009

i have gone through the videos of mafia2.the gfx and gameplay seems to be improved.but the characters animation feels stiff.and also at some points the npc's also seems to suffer from this problem.

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore

Rahulrulez said:
Never played Mafia I, but surely I'm gonna try Mafia II.. It looks interesting :)

I insist you to play MAFIA. If you are short of time, just use any cheat / trainer ( I am ashamed of myself saying this ) or at least try to find a complete gameplay video on Mafia. Leaving the gameplay etc, the storyline was superb; best among all the games I played so far.

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun

sabby said:
I insist you to play MAFIA. If you are short of time, just use any cheat / trainer ( I am ashamed of myself saying this ) or at least try to find a complete gameplay video on Mafia. Leaving the gameplay etc, the storyline was superb; best among all the games I played so far.

Yes... definitely play Mafia I, absolutely awesome game. :eek:hyeah:

Apr 14, 2009

The Date is Finally in.......... It stipulated to be released on 24th August..... Have waited a lot for his epic game....

They have released another nice trailer...... Visit Gamespot for the same!!!!!

Uff.... still approx 5 months to go down to get hands on the game!!!!