Graphic Cards Low fps on 560 Ti in TF2.

blufox

Adept
As the title says, I am suddenly getting like 40-50 fps intermittently with vsync disabled in TF2 .
This is really frustrating for me, as game jitters because of it.

This is even after I have set video settings to medium.

It was not there for 2-3 days after installation of card even with all set to its max possible value, suddenly it started showing up recently.

Does any one know what can be the reason?

I have a Phenom II X2 550 BE 3.1Ghz and 4 GB Gskill Pi blacks DDR2 RAMS with GTX 560 Ti.

Any help?

Thanks,

PS:- where should this go? Which section. Please move it to appropriate place.

Increase the voltage of your CPU to 1.175v or 1.2v and unlock the other 2 cores.

1. It benefits from 4 core

2. Your undervolt is unstable. 1.175v is what a 3.2GHz Phenom II can take, 1.136v is too low.

I not longer use undervolt at all.

Hmmm read somewhere that 560 Ti may be underclocking itself because it has not been stressed by TF2 at all.

Now how do make sure that it doesn't downclocks itself?

comp@ddict said:
I don't think it does. To be sure, run MSI AfterBurner in the background and check after playing the game for 5-10 minutes.

okay, thanks for the tip.

let me report back after testing it.

Cu,

Aces170 said:
Why did you disable VSYNC? It should technically reduce the jitters

I *always* play with vsync off.

Reason for that is , when I turn very sharply in game, high fps makes sure that it is a smooth movement.

With vsync on it is not so smooth wrt mouse movement.

HTH

Those jitters you experience is due to a constant change in FPS. Even a drop from 100 FPS to 50 FPS will cause a jitter, VSYNC will negate the issue. I think turning on VSYNC will solve your issue.

BTW I used to keep VSYNC on even on the *fast twitch* games like UT3 etc.

I enable VS in all games i play in order to avoid tearing of the screen. IMO VS can affect FPS (most probably negative). But sometimes it came be beneficial for issues which the OP is facing.

1. I enabled Vsync but still get drop to 30-40fps.

2. I overclocked the CPU to 3.5Ghz but it increased choppiness lol.

3. I do not run any antivirus.

4. I do not run unnecessary processes in background.

5. I run WinXP 32 bit, FWIW.

Any other suggestions?

1. Is it only this game or any other game that has seen a drop in FPS?

2. What Drivers? WHQL like Aces asked?

3. System Drivers, are they up to date?

4. Did you install any thing new that could be conflicting with some driver or resource after which you faced the

drop in FPS? Soundcard drivers, Antivirus, Freeware, Malware anything?

5. Is it possible for you to do a system restore to sometime back when the FPS was ok?

6. Try and disable whatever you can on startup via MSConfig and report is there is any change in performance.

Hope you find an answer on your own...else post here....

Goodluck...

Back