Looking for suggestion or guidelines in buying a cctv

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well i am looking for cctv setup for my shop.But i am a total noob into it.Like what to look for megapixel or how to check good zooming power.

This stuff of ebay interests me.

Set of 4 CCTV Cameras & 4 Ch.DVR Standalone Kit | eBay

But i know nothing except the requirement like should be able to shoot in night with minimum or no light,able to record directly into hdd or transfer the same via internet to my place when any motion detection detected via some sms or alarm(i stay 1 and half km away from my shop).Also the setup shouldnt go down while shooting if the main switch is switch off(in sense have some battery back up or should easily go into battery mode of inverter whatever).

I guess 2 camera would be more than enough for us.and budget not that high all setup with good camera and inverter if any upto 30k i can spend.

Also can someone suggest an alarm which starts beeping at high decible when any motion detection or someone crosses line of sight of it but not easily traceable.

These days alot of robberies happening around my office/shop place .I was thinking to get a cheaper high volume mobile with ring tone of sirens and setting alarm at odd night times(like 2 am 3 am and 4 am) as cheaper alternative but i guess once the alarm sets off one can easily trace the mobile.

Note::Found guideline site

http://www.videosurveillance.co.in/

Go for cp pluse dvr 8 channel and keep 1 tb hdd with that and u need Ir camera its come with night vision and how much u want its up to u dvr price near 9000/-(8 channel) hdd sata 1tb 2700/- ir camera 2500/- Each and cable and wiring is extra its under 2000/-

MAGNeT said:
Well i am looking for cctv setup for my shop.But i am a total noob into it.Like what to look for megapixel or how to check good zooming power.

This stuff of ebay interests me.

Set of 4 CCTV Cameras & 4 Ch.DVR Standalone Kit | eBay

But i know nothing except the requirement like should be able to shoot in night with minimum or no light,able to record directly into hdd or transfer the same via internet to my place when any motion detection detected via some sms or alarm(i stay 1 and half km away from my shop).Also the setup shouldnt go down while shooting if the main switch is switch off(in sense have some battery back up or should easily go into battery mode of inverter whatever).

I guess 2 camera would be more than enough for us.and budget not that high all setup with good camera and inverter if any upto 30k i can spend.
Also can someone suggest an alarm which starts beeping at high decible when any motion detection or someone crosses line of sight of it but not easily traceable.
These days alot of robberies happening around my office/shop place .I was thinking to get a cheaper high volume mobile with ring tone of sirens and setting alarm at odd night times(like 2 am 3 am and 4 am) as cheaper alternative but i guess once the alarm sets off one can easily trace the mobile.
Note::Found guideline site

Video Surveillance Chennai India|CCTV Cameras|CCTV IR Cameras|CCTV IP Cameras|CCTV DVR Card|CCTV DVR|CCTV Speed Dome Cameras|ATSS CCTV Chennai India.

jack_port1000 said:
Go for cp pluse dvr 8 channel and keep 1 tb hdd with that and u need Ir camera its come with night vision and how much u want its up to u dvr price near 9000/-(8 channel) hdd sata 1tb 2700/- ir camera 2500/- Each and cable and wiring is extra its under 2000/-
Thanks.

Also can you recommend some good brand.

Also can it work with inverter power in case of power loss?

^ in the ebay link you gave resolution is poor - just 380TVL.
in the recommendation link its written
Resolution refers to the number of definable parts of the horizontal image produced by a camera, recorded by the video or digital video recorder and displayed on the monitor.
CCTV equipment manufacturers refer to this as TVL (TeleVision Lines). Minimum of 420 TVL is recommandable. The TVL of the analogue PAL video information is closely compared to the pixels of a digital image. VHS (Video Home System) recorders are capable of recording 300 lines of a monochrome image or 240 lines of a colour image, SVHS (Super Video Home System) is capable of recording 400 lines of monochrome image and 340 lines of a colour image. The recording device should be the deciding factor when choosing the resolution of a camera as a 520 TVL camera being recorded on a VHS recorder will only record 240 lines out of the available 520 lines. Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) have the advantage of being able to convert the analogue PAL signal into a digital signal at various resolutions, the downside is, that the higher the resolution of the image recorded, the larger the file size of that digital image. The conversion of the analogue PAL signal to a digital image is done using a CODEC (COmpressor-DECompressor).

how about something like this - 1/3" Sony CCD Mirror Security CCTV Surveillance Camera~ | eBay

Back