Looking for a sub 40k laptop

No backlit. Flipkart says Yes to accidental cover!
Check out the in depth review of its elder sibling 4530S from notebookcheck. Highlights - Premium feel, aluminium build, matte display, USB 3, Cool n Quiet, HP security suite (BIOS password, FDE etc)

bhupatib said:
No backlit. Flipkart says Yes to accidental cover!

Check out the in depth review of its elder sibling 4530S from notebookcheck. Highlights - Premium feel, aluminium build, matte display, USB 3, Cool n Quiet, HP security suite (BIOS password, FDE etc)

Where is it mentioned on Flipkart about the accidental cover? Sorry I could not find it. This notebook looks impressive. The 13.3" version is also good but its priced a bit too high :(

bhupatib said:
My bad, doing this on mobile :p It seems its just a limited warranty unlike most other HPs. BTW the cheaper DOS version (34K) might be more suited to OP's budget.

Also suggested is the new Vostro 1450 -

New Vostro 1450 Laptop | Dell India

Can you give a link for the cheaper DOS version? And I just called HP India and asked them about the Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) policy and the guy told me I could pay extra for it and buy it for the Pro Book but that I had to buy it within 90 days of purchasing the notebook. He did not have an idea about the extra price for the same and asked me to contact a local dealer for it.

Thanks for the suggestions. The HP 4430 is pretty much the same configuration as the dell 14z or 13z, but without the OS. The vostro series, I'll have to check them out.
What is the major difference between the different range of dell makes, like inspiron, xps, vostro, etc.?

logistopath said:
Thanks for the suggestions. The HP 4430 is pretty much the same configuration as the dell 14z or 13z, but without the OS. The vostro series, I'll have to check them out.

What is the major difference between the different range of dell makes, like inspiron, xps, vostro, etc.?

Inspiron, XPS, Alienware are targeted at Home Users and Vostro, Latitude, Optiplex, etc are targeted at Business Users. The build quality of the Business User segment is usually better than the Home User ones especially in the Latitude range. The Business User series are also usually expensive than the Home series. However the XPS series also usually has good build quality. You might not also get a lot of colour options in he Business User segment. Also, at times Dell does not sell their Vostro and Latitude series to customers with individual names and they ask for a company's name for the billing.

Thanks to all the suggestions and advices, I finally have ordered a Dell Inspiron 14r today. The specs are: 2nd Gen Core I5, 4gb DDR3 RAM, 640gb hard drive, and the other routine stuff. No dedicated GPU. Cost me 38.8k along with a targus backpack and an EP630. Delivery expected in 10 days. :)

^OMG do they still bundle the OEM EP630 along with Dell laptops? :lol:

Congrats! Specs looks decent and that IGP can play full-HD rips without any hiccups going by the reviews. What do you intend to do to the old laptop which conked out?

PS: Ran out of balance in the phone when you'd sent me the SMS. Sorry for the late response. :ashamed:

No probs Ganesh. I found out that the Max discount I could get was only 3%, which was too little to make efforts for.

The old laptop, I'll try and find out if it can be serviced. :) I'll then give it to a cousin, or worst case, my kid has a new toy. :p

Back