Look What i saw in mumbai

I had gone to Mumbai this weekend (12th to 14th April). There I saw this. taking Pics is prohibited in this area. I have taken a special permission to enter and take pics of this place.

And this is it

The Bandra-Worli Sea Link. Project by HCC (Hindustan Construction Company).

These are the pics of the model.
This is the model.
The Bandra Side
The Worli Side
Large Suspension Bridge.
Small Suspension Bridge.

This is how the suspension Bridge is made.
Step by step explanation, how the pillars are constructed.
Their Plan.
The marked in Red is the part under construction and the yellow is the future plan and the work is not started for this portion.

Pics from the construction site

When this project will complete, the traffic problems in mumbai will reduce.

Reminds me of Dubai with it Mega Projects

Was under the impression that L&T & Reliance was taking up this project,

Just hope this will be completed in a short span i.e 10 years

Would surely visit Mumbai just to take a drive on this Structure!!!!!!

:p

DHOOM 6 Will be shot there :p

Thats kick-ass. The bandra-worli sealink definitely is going to be one of the best projects implemented in india that is 'competent' against the huge projects coming up globally. Cant wait till this project is complete. Reaching worli from my house in half-n-hour would be sweet! xD

rushabht said:
Thats kick-ass. The bandra-worli sealink definitely is going to be one of the best projects implemented in india that is 'competent' against the huge projects coming up globally. Cant wait till this project is complete. Reaching worli from my house in half-n-hour would be sweet! xD
where is your house? unless you live in bandra itself reaching worli in 30 mins is a pipe dream. BTW how would you like to pay the toll everyday? I think its ~Rs.50.

a simple bridge along the likes of JJ bridge from prabhadevi to linking rd and SV rd would have served better. nut then there is no toll to be paid for that .. oops i meant collected.

TheIndian said:
and what purpose will it serve once its completed ? other then being a white elephant?

White elephant???? Are you reallly from mumbai or you love traffic jams.

Nice pics DriftKingNT, do you know some senior engineer or wat??

TheIndian said:
where is your house? unless you live in bandra itself reaching worli in 30 mins is a pipe dream. BTW how would you like to pay the toll everyday? I think its ~Rs.50.

a simple bridge along the likes of JJ bridge from prabhadevi to linking rd and SV rd would have served better. nut then there is no toll to be paid for that .. oops i meant collected.

Nope i live in andheri. But the only time i take my car is in the night after 11.30-12 for clubbing purposes, coz thats the only time i get to use my car :rofl:. Hmm but boss something is better than nothing right ? And those flyovers seem like a distant dream, just look at whats happening with the peddar road flyover. Because of the mangeshkar and their lame views on the flyover the project is never going to take off :no:. God knows how many flyovers are in the pipeline but hardly any of them get implemented.

Well it was going to open on april 30th i guess now december...hope doesnt get delayed much......but for car owners i guess ull have to pay 60 buks toll.both way or single i cant recollect(mostly single.....because tonnes of money has been spended on this project...and the state left in middle and project got delayed)...and the biggest hindrance is after reaching worli ull b caught in traffic as no such link plan has materialised ard haji ali yet...i jus pray that project doesnt get delay like this one.....but i m awaiting eagerly for monorail....i luv preferring to travel in locals transport....of course saving petrol and proves cheaper than normal car ride...also i luv to say i m helping to reduce traffic.......

(note:: Not getting money frm pop for petrol..lolz)

Just considering the fact that the project is running late and has an overexpenditure of about 12k Cr INR, instead of the approx 4k Cr. INR originally sanctioned, it better be good :rofl:

XTerminator said:
Just considering the fact that the project is running late and has an overexpenditure of about 12k Cr INR, instead of the approx 4k Cr. INR originally sanctioned, it better be good :rofl:

my point exactly......this project shud have been over now......:S

nice work dude. hope full something of this sort may come up in delhi too....even after construction of so many fly overs the traffic problem is still thr....

Hacker said:
White elephant???? Are you reallly from mumbai or you love traffic jams.

Nice pics DriftKingNT, do you know some senior engineer or wat??
My dad is a Civil Engineer in Aurangabad.

magnet said:
Well it was going to open on april 30th i guess now december...hope doesnt get delayed much......but for car owners i guess ull have to pay 60 buks toll.both way or single i cant recollect(mostly single.....because tonnes of money has been spended on this project...and the state left in middle and project got delayed)...and the biggest hindrance is after reaching worli ull b caught in traffic as no such link plan has materialised ard haji ali yet...i jus pray that project doesnt get delay like this one.....but i m awaiting eagerly for monorail....i luv preferring to travel in locals transport....of course saving petrol and proves cheaper than normal car ride...also i luv to say i m helping to reduce traffic.......
(note:: Not getting money frm pop for petrol..lolz)
There won't be any delays The Bandra-Worli Sea link is nearly complete. Just a little part is left.

ANP !!! said:
Nice picture :), The whole thing will be huge, including the one marked in yellow.
The marked in yellow will take many years to complete as the work has not started yet.

Back