Logitech Z906.

connected my DELL XPS L520 to the Z906 using the 6 channel audio cable but there is some noise also which gets passed on to the Z906.
Is anyone aware how to extract digital audio from DELL XPS via SPDIF or digital Coaxial??
Dell XPS laptop details : DELL XPS L520

Got a Toslink to Miniplug OF Cable from ebay to connect my Dell XPS with the Z906 using the SPDIF port.
Now 5.1 from the laptop in a single cable.

Guys I'm thinking of getting the Logitech Z906.

a) Is it still a good system to get?
b) Most places don't seem to have it in stock. I'm just wondering if that is an indication that something better / new is coming out?
c) Existing owners, what is your take on this? After having owned it for at least 3 months, would you recommend this product at this point or maybe something else?
d) I read online that there is a major issue with some of the units but it does seem to be a common problem reported on the forums. Any of you face these issues?

Logitech Z906 problem - YouTube
Z906 problem - Logitech Forums

My requirement
1) Inputs: Desktop PC and / PS3 (Would prefer if both could be connected at the same time rather than having to switch cables back and forth. Suggestions?
2) I love deep and fluidic bass. Music taste is primarily heavy metal with the occasional hippity hop stuff.
3) Looking for something in the same price range - Best price I could find as of this writing - 16.8k on eBay.

Anything else you guys need to know before making a suggestion?

onlyravi
and other owners - would appreciate your inputs here.

@Satan
I am more than happy with this system.
I use it with my laptop, TV and Xbox.
It has plenty of inputs and the system is the most value for money system I could find.
There will be several who would agree to go for an AVR but any AVR will use more electricity and heat up like crazy. and my requirements were just like yours.
I wanted good sound for my TV and XBOX. So instead of AVR I went for this system.
I have recommended this to few of my friends and 2 of them actually bought it after they heard it at my place.
This is one of those systems which you won't find on demo at stores. Neither do computer peripheral shops stock it.
The price is very fluctuating as per dollar price. So not many ppl keep it in stock.
I find the quality very good and clear. It does not kill the fun when you punk up the knob.
Probably the best 5.1 system with digital inputs at this price point. "Go for It"
Which city are you located?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back