Audio Lod cable confusion?

siddharth

Disciple
hello everyone
actually its more about where to find, than confusion.i have ordered a fiio e17 from mp4 nation which will be here in 2-3 days if customs din't stuck their finger but as i also plan to use it with my iPhone n iPod so i will be needing a LOD cable for them but i'm confused about 2 things.

primarily do the quality of cable make any significant difference, do the funda of surpassing the in-built amp a real thing or is just a myth.

secondly where to find them cheap cause as a friend told me not long ago they used to be sold at less than 200 bucks n now they r just ridiculously overpriced.amarbir has them cheap but i don't trust that schmuck, many friends have a very bad experience with him.

super main ultimate point fiio l3,l9,l10(or any other) n where to get it cheap n quick.

@siddharth
I have tried a Fiio L9 with my Ipod , it certainly felt the sound was better , but not by a high amount maybe to a small extent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try dealextreme - they have some LOD cables on sale. And they are authentic.

A genuine LOD cable will bypass the amp of the iDevice. At least that is what the reviews say. I haven't used one so can't comment on the SQ part.

hello everyone
actually its more about where to find, than confusion.i have ordered a fiio e17 from mp4 nation which will be here in 2-3 days if customs din't stuck their finger but as i also plan to use it with my iPhone n iPod so i will be needing a LOD cable for them but i'm confused about 2 things.

primarily do the quality of cable make any significant difference, do the funda of surpassing the in-built amp a real thing or is just a myth.

secondly where to find them cheap cause as a friend told me not long ago they used to be sold at less than 200 bucks n now they r just ridiculously overpriced.amarbir has them cheap but i don't trust that schmuck, many friends have a very bad experience with him.

1. Some LODs won't work with the iPhone and older iPods.

2. The cable quality does make a bit of a difference. But I'd worry more about buying a well built one. There's some really badly put together stuff out there.

3. It's not a myth, using the line out when you have a dedicated amp should go hand in hand.

4. Not sure if you get 200 INR LODs. The fiio and ibasso ones are some of the cheaper ones from reputable brands that are easy to source.

Only listing i had seen was from Amarbir :p , and ebay deal of around 1600+ . If u dont mind spending 1600 you can go for it.

so where to get them from (India only)??

Dude, get it via Dealextreme. They will dispatch it via post and although you may not be able to track the shipment (using the free shipping service opted), your consignment will arrive just fine inside a small bubble wrapped envelope. No customs duties would be levied either. You should get it within 10~15 days depending on where you reside.

Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

Back