LG Washing machine issue with Board - RMA or buy new?

thenvk

Adept
Hi,

I purchased a washing machine about 3.6 yrs back at 25k. It was working fine till date. Recently its warranty expired and I called the LG for RMA. They quoted about 8k ( 5k for board,1k for some water walve+service and VAT).

Even though I get it RMA, The warranty will be 2 months for Board, 1 month for wolve.

My question is whether to get it RMA'd or to buy new one? any one else faced this issue? can some one throw some light..

thanks

If you repair it through a local washing machine repair guy / shop, it will cost you much less. You can use the same washing machine for another few years.

@gmano: As per the service guy who came to my home today, these can not be repaired by the local service persons except LG reps. They designed it in a way that no part can be repaired ... Only replacement should be made.

Last edited by a moderator:
gmano: As per the service guy who came to my home today, these can not be repaired by the local service persons except LG reps. They designed it in a way that no part can be repaired ... Only replacement should be made.

Try to get hold of a experienced shop or repair guy, they will repair the machine for sure. I have personal experience (my machine was whirlpool one though). Company service guy told that company only can repair it and all those BS, I have decided to throw the old washing machine and get a new Bosch, but one guy recommended a repair guy (he was able to restore our old washing machine) and its running well for the past few months (and it will run for few more years for sure).
If the board is not repairable, they will get hold of a board from those salvaged washing machines (which the customers give it for exchange at throw away prices) or even can get a new board from their connection with LG service guys.

Bought the same machine for the exact same price a few weeks ago, though my older machine was over 10 years old.
I was told that this machine has all its parts engineered in Germany, so you should be set for some time now.
Also the usual problem of the board getting damaged by moisture has been tackled by Bosch acc to the salesman who we bought the machine from. He was actually the owner of the shop and very knowledgable.

Back