LG P500 Discussion Thread

Yes i did update following the same methods mentioned in the tutorial and did install cynogenmod7+franco kernel without

any issues at all...

the procedure is well said, well written, and it applies to. maybe somthing might have caught up with ur fone..

try the procedure again. it did work for me.

leave the comments given below the procedure.. ppl do some mistakes n then complain again whenever u MOD, there looms

a possibility of some forces making sure that ur fone brick, sometimes its you, sometimes the phone itself and sometimes the elements you depend on for upgrading, like PC/USB/Mobile phone components etc :)

try again..

ashvarybabul said:
Dude, did U personally tried it?

Even I was looking for a step by step recipe for custom ROM job as I am total n00b in this work...

Really convinced by the article to do this job but the comments down there scared me a bit..

BTW, will it void warranty?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Friends, was tried to install custom rom via this link

Guide to Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread (CM7) on LG Optimus One P500

However, small problem has arrived

In step 2, after selecting “Backup Current ROM” and clicking Ok

the phone restarted and now written –

“Fast Boot started

udc_start() ”

however, no progress is taking place since a long time

What to do now :(

^^^ miks thread / faq section has the fastboot recovery options. basically just flash a small file that formats the system and you are good to to go.

I am planning to flash CM7 on the phone,, need some clarity, the sensors, accelerometer/proximity/compass.. will this work? getting mixed reviews, some says it works, whereas other are saying it does not!! :(

what problems are there; if these(sensors) do not work?

is the GPS working fine????

^ If you ask me, I'd wait around a bit longer... CM7 + Franco kernel has some issues going around... I'm running on froyo final + franco kernel v18 and my battery lasts a complete 3 days with moderate usage.

govigov said:
taking your advice blue, holding on.

:(

Damn!! :facepalm: should have gone for a defy :(
You can of course upgrade to the official lg release... or just take a nand backup and install gb. See if it suits you needs. You can always revert back if you don't find it up to the mark

Hello friends

after getting my phone back to normal from fast boot problem it was suffering, got custom rom #forever, franco kernel v18.1 and data2sd as per readings in xda

However there I heard a lot of words like fast, better performance etc which happens after this..... But small confusion here

Would like to know whether flashing custom rom etc itself make the performance boost or we need to do some overclocking like ppl do our in pc.. I do see a performance option in settings btw

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Install no-frills from the market. Set min freq to 480 and max to 729. Choose either smartass or smoothass governor. You'll notice the difference.

Hey guys please suggest me a player which can play all file formats. And one more thing, do I really need lower resolution videos to play on phone?? Isn't there any other way out to play normal resolution videos(that we generally play on PC, except 720p or 1080p)??

When I bought the phone during the earlier days, I thought that during a call there won't be any disturbance from the receiver side..( let me explain :if I am the caller and a calling a person who is in train..will I hear any disturbance while am taking and the other person is listening ?)

krishnandu said:
Hey guys please suggest me a player which can play all file formats. And one more thing, do I really need lower resolution videos to play on phone?? Isn't there any other way out to play normal resolution videos(that we generally play on PC, except 720p or 1080p)??

Mobo player. The only player you'll need. It plays most of everything! If it doesn't, just add the file format and it'll start playing. Also, the phone can easily handle dvdRips...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

messi4lyf said:
When I bought the phone during the earlier days, I thought that during a call there won't be any disturbance from the receiver side..( let me explain :if I am the caller and a calling a person who is in train..will I hear any disturbance while am taking and the other person is listening ?)

You will hear anything and everything that the microphone picks up!

blueren said:
You will hear anything and everything that the microphone picks up!
My bad....leave it :) in the download folder, there is a folder named dat and it contains .dat files and its folder size is also big...what is that folder?

Back