Video lcd tv help

go for sony, samsung, panasonic respectively only these brands are the best in lcd series. others are crap. also don't go for 37 go for 40 instead because it will be 1080p if you buy 37 it will be again 1080i which is useless to buy.

go for sony, samsung, panasonic respectively only these brands are the best in lcd series. others are crap. also don't go for 37 go for 40 instead because it will be 1080p if you buy 37 it will be again 1080i which is useless to buy.

Size doesn;t determine resolution. You get full HD (1080p) in 32" models also and you get HD ready (1080i) in 40" also.

Your budget anyway does not allow you to go for a full HD tv, which is not a problem. Full HD is only another marketing feature with little real benefit to end customer.

For TV viewing Full HD is only relevant above 46" or so, that's when eye starts seeing the difference. (anyway there is hardly any full HD content available in market today, whether in India or abroad).

Full HD may make sense for 32" and above models only in case you are heavily going to use it with a PC, not for TV/Movie viewing.

Also if primarily for TV usage then consider Plasmas - they offer better image quality (much high contrast, better black levels, better refresh rate) , bigger TV at cheaper price. Downside - heavy, some burn in issues (depends on PC usage), more power consumption but still worth it, imo.

Panasonic PV7 42" Plasma can be got at 65k.

st7677 said:
Size doesn;t determine resolution. You get full HD (1080p) in 32" models also and you get HD ready (1080i) in 40" also.
Your budget anyway does not allow you to go for a full HD tv, which is not a problem. Full HD is only another marketing feature with little real benefit to end customer.
For TV viewing Full HD is only relevant above 46" or so, that's when eye starts seeing the difference. (anyway there is hardly any full HD content available in market today, whether in India or abroad).

Full HD may make sense for 32" and above models only in case you are heavily going to use it with a PC, not for TV/Movie viewing.

Also if primarily for TV usage then consider Plasmas - they offer better image quality (much high contrast, better black levels, better refresh rate) , bigger TV at cheaper price. Downside - heavy, some burn in issues (depends on PC usage), more power consumption but still worth it, imo.

Panasonic PV7 42" Plasma can be got at 65k.
There's a link between resolution and viewing distance as well. Too lazy to dig it up, but in a nutshell, Full HD resolution can make a difference even at smaller screen sizes, 40" and above.

We're not laymen here.. a LOT of people have full HD content, movies or otherwise. It would be dangerous to assume otherwise ;)

i cant go for 40" or 42" coz theres no place for it in my room..i was actually planning to buy the 32" but now im plannn to try fit in a 37" . i wont be able to fit 40" in my room
i wont be connecting my pc to the tv ..il be using the tv to watch movies and regular cable tv so i dont need full HD
im now looking at which brands i should go for...one guy an an elctronics store said sharp is good...
hows sony toshiba and hitachi
i personally dont like the samsung coz the contrast in them is way too much to be real..it looks artificial

cannot afford a full HD ..way out of budget..
plus the tv will be used more by my parents and they dont really care if its even HD ready...they are not at all tech savvy

lavinachtani said:
i cant go for 40" or 42" coz theres no place for it in my room..i was actually planning to buy the 32" but now im plannn to try fit in a 37" . i wont be able to fit 40" in my room
i wont be connecting my pc to the tv ..il be using the tv to watch movies and regular cable tv so i dont need full HD
im now looking at which brands i should go for...one guy an an elctronics store said sharp is good...
hows sony toshiba and hitachi
i personally dont like the samsung coz the contrast in them is way too much to be real..it looks artificial
Look at Sony, Philips and Hitachi, as well as Panasonic.
The TX37L70 from Panasonic is quite nice.
A few prices for you:

Sharp LC37BX6M: 66K.
Philips 37TA2800 : Compare India - Televisions - Philips-37TA2800/98 - IPS Panel

Back