Laptop for MBA

I completed my MBA a year back.. It's ur personal choice which one to opt for

I personally used MacBookpro(only one in campus :) ) throughout my MBA without any issues.

Do keep in mind that you would be using laptop everyday.. infact very rough handling sometimes.. I suggest go for a cheaper laptop (not netbook plz) either 13" or 14" model.

Try compaq 510 which comes around 33k (my organisation provided this) and it is very decent and rugged..

Hope i answerd ur question :)

Note: Do check whether ur campus offers any laptop... If it is good, go for it as you get onsite warranty, lesser price and other services.

Office 2007 ( 4k for student/7k for OEM) is already driving up my budget. and Dell is forcing 64 bit onto all the studio/inspirons :mad:

yup, sure as hell not getting anything apple. Lunix maybe, but never anything from the great dictator :p

most people stick to 32 bit because they are afraid. Most of the programs work in 64bit and then there is this WOW compatibility mode that runs 32bit apps on 64 bit.

greenhorn said:
thanks for the buyoriginalms linky :)
but wont there be compatiblity probs & things like that ( = why most people still stick to 32 bit?)

:mad: :mad:
People like you should be shot for even visiting TE :mad:

Stop being a scardy cat :bleh:

The problem with 64 bit is, its not worth the trouble if ur goin pirate mode..
If ur goin legit then ofcourse there are offers to make use x64..

Party Monger said:
The problem with 64 bit is, its not worth the trouble if ur goin pirate mode..

If ur goin legit then ofcourse there are offers to make use x64..

Where exactly is the trouble whether pirated or not? :S

What benefits does a legit OS offer over a pirated one. And that too in case of 64 bit?

^ Windows 7 64 bit has not given me any, I repeat, any troubles so far when it comes to compatibility. There might be some very special (read old and outdated) programs that might give you an issue but surely nothing that you will need for your MBA course..

PS: Using it for more than 8 months now.

Renegade said:

What benefits does a legit OS offer over a pirated one. And that too in case of 64 bit?

I guess that didnt come across properly.
Microsoft has been promoting x64 heavily, discounts and future free upgrades etc.. So any problem you hav while using its gets offset due to lower cost/offers..
If ur goin pirated, then everythin cost the same :p and since i dont really worry abt a 2% gain in speed, i'd rather go x32 and avoid any possible trouble..
I've tried x64, the problems arise when you hav notebooks with parts from different obscure manufacturers and u've to search hard for drivers..and once in awhile there are app incompatiblities..

Jus for the record, there is no difference in pirated and legit os except for the way they are activated..you can easily avoid a wga update and update the rest of the os..

stalker said:
:mad: :mad:

People like you should be shot for even visiting TE :mad:
Stop being a scardy cat :bleh:
Yeah yeah will do :p

Renegade said:
Windows 7 is a bit harder to bring over to the dark side :p . And plus there is the small matter of conscience :) . I would have gone with Ubuntu & open office, but there is some formatting compatiblity issues with openoffice & MS office, which my sis found out the hard way during her project presentation.

Anyway, I've begun zeroing down to the dell vostro V13 & the viewsonic Viewbook pro ( how is its availablity in india?)

one looks great & service is great, but too little features & battery life . The viewsonic has all the features & life, but viewsonic service & quality = ???

turns out the printers they use there don't have 64 bit drivers, hence the need for 32 bit. Turns out Chaos Dada's younger bro studies there. got the info from him :p

I'm using windows vista ultimate 64 since last 1.5 years without any updates/troubles. I always thought that once I get any problem, I will switch to WIN 7, but so far that day has not come. :)

Back