Laptop for MBA

pretty much their complete cover + warranty support.
vaios seemed a bit overpriced, and I can't configure them much.

warri@r. You're the ex HPCL dude right? I think i was looking forward to meeting you @ SIBM pune ( we had the same slot)

Where did you end up :)

@ Green:
Yeah I am that same dude :eek:hyeah:. Its a shame that we dint meet but then i never knew that we shared the same slots. BTW I ended up at the same place and congrats for your XIMB convert:hap2:.
Have you TDed the Dell yet? How is the build quality? I'm not happy with what I have seen on earlier Dells.Where as the vaios feel much more well-put, the Dells flexes a lot. I agree that Vaios are pricier but not by a huge margin this time around. ( A 2k difference for a Vaio VPCEB14 Vs Comparable Inspiron is justifiable IMHO and mind you, a similar or slightly better equipped Dell studio15 costs much more than a Vaio)
The real deal breakers for the Sony I feel , is the Dell's service/warranty and of course the fact that you can opt for a larger battery for a nominal amount in an inspiron.

as a follow up, I have to say that I do not regret buying the 15"er at all. Since most of my mobile computing needs are taken care of by my spica. I think that in the end, this was a much better option than spending a ton and buying a small laptop :) I get the best of both worlds now :D

dude, mostly you will be working on MS Office & have to surf a lot for research purpose. Also, you'll be mobile a lot. So go for something that is light & usable at the same time. The 10" Netbooks are not that good, besides they don't have an ODD. So go for 13 or 14 incher. A Core i3 would be fine. ACER has a Core i3, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Bluetooth, wifif, DVDWriter model @ 27k. I have heard it's response is good. See for yourself.

on an unrelated note, got a lenovo G550 for sis from an ezone in chennai.currently stuck at friend's pad removing the crapware and installing office 2010 and ubuntu. apart from the fact that the Fn key toggle has been placed where the CTRL should be, for 30k, this is quite a decent laptop!

Back