Budget 21-30k Laptop for Coding & Media consumption

BullettuPaandi

Disciple
Looking for a basic laptop for a high school student, who'll most likely be using this all the way through college. Best I could find is Acer Extensa 15, but it uses a TFT display; Honor Magicbook 14, but it costs 40k.
Under 30k most laptops seem to run chromeOS. I have no experience on chromeOS, but prefer Windows for the versatility. Let me know if chromeOS is fine for this use case, and any suggestions you have.

Thanks.

• What's your Budget? - Preferably less than 30k. But, will consider options less than 40k as well.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? - Web surfing, media consumption & coding.
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? - Nothing as such.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? - Preferably one with a wide network of service centers. Note - Buyer is not from a metropolitan city.
  • Any other considerations? - Minimum of 8GB RAM & 512GB storage. Build quality. Should withstand some abuse like - way too many apps, max usage of ssd, multiple startup apps, some photo & video editing as well. Don't want to cheap out on display, but will consider if other specs are better.

Customize this laptop and add IPS screen and 512gb SSD - LINK

1684507967532.png

Cost - ₹32,626 with coupon code CUSTOMOFF at checkout

Has anyone bought the above laptop? How's the display and over all performance with 8gb ram?
@OMEGA44-XT @Heisen
Didn't buy that one, but don't expect good build quality or anything at this budget. I purchased HP 14 with R3 5300U for 2 of my cousins, months apart. It was ok for the price, 43k for first one & 35k for second one during last Diwali. As mentioned, customise it with IPS panel for 600 extra, add extra SSD & you are fine. What do you expect at 33k?

I find most under 30k laptops lacklustre & seem like a waste of money. R3 5300U-based laptops with 8GB RAM & 256GB SSD are the minimum someone should get IMO. R3 7320U is the same Zen 2 architecture as R3 5300U/R3 4450U but on a newer fab with newer iGPU & DDR5 RAM, so good overall.

Has anyone bought the above laptop? How's the display and over all performance with 8gb ram?
@OMEGA44-XT @Heisen
I have not bought this one, but I do have an another custom one from lenovo which has this exact display. The display is great in terms of color and viewing angles no complaints there but there is one con, light bleed at the edge of the screen may happen, now this is not really an issue 95% of the times, the only times it is visible when the screen is at full brightness and the content has dark color at the edge. It's not really a deal breaker, also it might be in my laptop only and it's not the defect in the screen, the screen is completely fine it's the thin border which presses the screen edge little bit which causes this artifact.

The build quality will not be that great all but it's good enough at least there is nothing wrong spec wise.

Back