Budget 0-20k Laptop Cooling Pad and Anti-Dust Protection

Hi Everyone,

I wanted some suggestion for a good cooling pad for gaming/video edition laptop (Hp Victus 17inch) . I am not keen on spending too much like coolermaster( which is going for Rs2k and above).
I would like a budget one but if you guys really had awesome experience with an expensive one then probably I will go for it .

Also I am moving to quite dusty place for sometime and cant figure out way to protect my laptop from dust.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

@mods, hope this is right place to talk about laptop. If not please move to correct place. Thank You.

laptop coolers wont give a huge temp drop, depends on fan position and vents. Ive never had good experience with one.
I would rather invest in reapplying good thermal paste if you want to go that route.

For dust, covering it after use is the only way.

On gaming laptops, there is not much benefit of cooling pads because they are already equipped with high rev fans and an air flow setup that might not be compatible with most pads. They do help with ultrabooks that have small fans, from the U series of processors.

I use a cheap DeepCool pad which costs 500 bucks with a single 140mm fan, mainly because it raises the back and secondly because it pulls the air right near the intake of my laptop which actually does reduce the temperatures by 5-10 degrees.

I was most amused reading reviews where people expect 2-3 fans to pull air from the intake at the bottom of the laptop.

Thank you guys.
I will go for a cheap cooling pad and buy dust filters some parts if not all to keep the Laptop well ventilated too.

I wish laptop had way to throw hot air outside instead of sucking it in ...this just invites more dust .

Thank you guys.
I will go for a cheap cooling pad and buy dust filters some parts if not all to keep the Laptop well ventilated too.

I wish laptop had way to throw hot air outside instead of sucking it in ...this just invites more dust .
Laptops do vent the hot air away from the copper radiators around the hinge and the sides. But to do so, they need cooler air to be sucked in and distributed properly which is what cooling pads are supposed to help with.
You just need one that is properly aligned with the intakes.

There are also vacuum pump options to suck air but yet again they don't work well with the fast airflow in gaming laptops.

Laptops do vent the hot air away from the copper radiators around the hinge and the sides. But to do so, they need cooler air to be sucked in and distributed properly which is what cooling pads are supposed to help with.
You just need one that is properly aligned with the intakes.

There are also vacuum pump options to suck air but yet again they don't work well with the fast airflow in gaming laptops.
The vacuum is not proper fit my laptop .

I will check for proper aligned fans with my laptop . thanks.

Back