Laptop (<2kg),Screen size:]Min: 11.6-12" Budget <35k,

BTW..if budget is no constraint then asus has a couple of models avlbl.. u36jc & u43jc. in the 45-50k territory.

Bought the Vaio YB25 y'day . I'm loving its sleek looks..I am glad that i went fr this form factor..The Dm1z looks a little kidddish IMHO.. But on paper , specs are better. (in real-time , i doubt)

Win7 starter is bad though. One can change the wallpaper thro a workaround.. google for it..
also have a Transcend 32GB SSD that I got to infuse life in my old desktop; maybe i will plonk it in the sony !

I got it for 24.5k from the sony centre near me..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ok..a Mini-review of the YB25:

so updated the Synaptics touchpad drivers, the latest catalyst & the sony software. Ran Win update. Feels better now.

Sony has not put too much of a bloatware, just a couple of programs that are unobtrusive.

I like the island style keyboard , makes me learn to type elegantly rather than using the keyboard as a typewriter ( thats what I do with the Lenovo!)

One thing I cant figure out is which system chipset driver package applies to this E-350 APU.? ( chipset drivers, SATA package etc )

Oh yeah.. and the BIOS on the Sony is a joke!

I have never seen such minimal options anywhere! Basically you can just set the time/date , Boot device order & turn AMD-V (virtualization) on/off.

Speaking of which , what does the AMD-V do ? it was disabled , i enabled it.. heh heh ! Would it impact battery life?

The Laptop runs warmish at abt around 60+/- 5 degrees; but its dead quiet. Has Nanya ram 2 Gb clocked at 1066Mhz.

Battery lasts abt 3-4 hours for me , charges in abt 2hrs. I crank up the Brightness more that whats usual..

Back