Lagging issue with GTA EFLC

Hey guys,

Look at my siggy for my Rig specs. I installed GTA : EFLC and started playing TBoGT episode. For the first few hours i didn't find anything wrong with the games performance and it ran smooth at 1024x768, with everything set to low/medium. View Distance 15, and others at 15-20. .

After few hours of play, i am getting this serious lag. So i restarted the PC but now, i am getting this lag from very beginning of the game. Previously i used to get lag only after a long stretch of playing. But now, its worse. I applied the latest patch for the game.

Can anyone tell me why its happening? I checked for unwanted background applications and removed even the AV for this. FYI this is the fresh installation of XP (Just before i installed the game).

At the same time, GRiD is running smooth in my rig with med/high settings. Please guys help me with this issue

^^ Temps are on safer side and everything is good. The issue is not with any other games, only with EFLC. And as i said earlier, if you play in a stretch for 6 hours or so, i am getting this serious lag. :(

^^ I've read that already and someone in UK forums posted that applying the latest patch fixed that issue. So i tried that too, but still why it is not working fine for me?

The game uses lot of things like Fog, rain, increased ped activity, Traffic as you progress. May be that is the reason for your problem.

And, Don't worry.. you are not alone. Most of the EFLC PC players faced this god damn problem. And there isn't exactly a fix. It is just a bad port. GTA 4 was a better port than this.

^^ Then , sigh. Man, i started playing this game, to be frank, this game is just awesome. Story wise, how the main story characters get involved here and everything is great. I like TBoGT better than TLAD. The nightclubs are awesome and i dont mind spending some time there. and a real catch is, you can hear a real DJ work in that place. Every details are sculpted to meet perfection, but sadly they failed to port well.

So i have to live with it.

I have played the whole game and not even faced a single problem, I think u guys are facing this problem due to over heating.

I don't think cleaning will boot your FPS... unless the dust is really blocking your GPU, CPU air vents. And for better or worse, GTA 4,EFLC are known to giving ATI cards a hard time.

^^ I knew that. But hey, atleast i get a reason to clean my cabby :bleh:

BTW Now i lowered almost all settings and its working OK, but still, lag is there whenever it rains or if its foggy. :( Man, this game is awesome and it's awesome in lagging too....

Back